Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She yet again creates drama, diversion, and excuses :rolleyes: Her status was so "questionable" that she averaged 100mph on her 1st serve, and she chased balls down left and right. I really was worried for her out there :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Well the script was that Kim would go out there bright and fresh after her one hour semi-final and a good night's sleep. She would meet an injured, tired Justine, still cramped up from her three hour late-night Marathon, and crush her.

Instead Justine looked like the Bionic Woman. At the end of the match she looked like she could go the same again. Kim on the other hand was lacklustre, and tentative. It was like her identical untalented twin out there.

What happened to the two of them?

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
Have you ever gone on a really long hike? Had
a very intense day of excitement? Went on
a marathon? The next day isn't the hard part..
it's the day after the next day that the body
aches and lack of sleep hit's you.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doc - that's my point. Justine's camp made it act like she was in ICU and couldn't walk; it was like, "If she can get out of bed, she might play the final." What a load of BS!! It's yet another stunt pulled by Justine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Justine was not even moving as well as she did last night. So, it did effect her movement.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
All I know is last night they declared they wouldn't know how she'd feel today. Today they said they expected her to be ready.

If the press likes to send out other sings, that's their buisiness. I'd hardly say there's the slightest bit of controversy surrounding this win by Justine

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
No...Justine did move a tad slower. She could
still sprint every now and again;but between points
she looked like her feet were dragging at times.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
don't get into this foolish discussion ...
Justine just won the USOpen :bigclap:
let's all :smooch:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Katrientje - Justine doesn't respect others, so I make no attempt to respect her.

great smash - It was Justine's camp who sent out that report! It wasn't the press ;) Justine's camp said she was "questionable" and had the media put that report up. It made everyone think she was worse off than she was.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Oh jenglisbe, you're frustrated.

Justine played 3 slams during the last months, she won 2 of them. She played two big tournaments before the US Open, she won them both. Justine is the best player in the world right now. Accept it.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
jenglisbe said:
Doc - that's my point. Justine's camp made it act like she was in ICU and couldn't walk; it was like, "If she can get out of bed, she might play the final." What a load of BS!! It's yet another stunt pulled by Justine :rolleyes:
I wouldn't be quite so cynical. it probably wasn't a cynical plot to psyche out Kim. But the stories of her being on an IV drip, and perhaps not making the final were a bit dramatic.

I was half-expecting Justine to show up and lose love and love, just going through the motions to satisfy the sponsors.

Congratulations on Justine's determination though. I didn't notice her significantly slower at all. She was the one who wanted it more on the day.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It doesnt matter what henin says or does before or during matches. It might be suspect, but her opponents should be good enough to shrug it off and win anyway. Can u imagine steffi graf getting off track cos of this kind of stufff??

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.