Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this true??? Do you think she may not make it? Personally I think they should move the final to Sunday but I suppose TV controls everything in the US. Justine is therefore pretty much out of it. I so hope not though, perhaps she'll pull out unless they move the final - that would be cool. Player power!

"I am so tired, I just gave everything I could even though I could have lost," said Henin-Hardenne, who overcame cramping in the final set to clinch the deciding tiebreak 7-4.

The effort meant she needed treatment into the early hours of Saturday morning and was fighting to be fit for her final date less than 24 hours later.

She was put on a drip for dehydration after the match and her condition will be re-examined on Saturday afternoon before she decides whether she is fit enough to walk out for the final at 8 p.m. on Saturday (0000 GMT).

"I will only go on court if I can compete," she said

(uk.sports.yahoo.com/030906/80/e7ocs.html)

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
well she should not play if she is too hurt. just goes to show what happens when people malign players and they are afraid to seek attention. same thing happened to venus at wimbledon. :(

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Either way, I think that Kim will be holding up that trophy...so Justine isn't up for competing, I saw she should withdraw. Just like Venus at Wimby. She probably shouldn't have played the final.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
shell be there

dont worry

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
A team of "wild horses" couldn't keep Justine from that match...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
This is just mind games from Henin!!

She only had a bit of cramp for christ's sake!!! If she wimps out on that basis she doesnt deserve to be US Open Champion anyway.

·
Banned
928 Posts
...another excuse?.........maybe its Kim fault that Justine can't finish here first real opponent in two straight sets! :lol:

Who did have a catewalk up to the SF and who did spend the most hours in the players lounge during these rain delays? Kim or Justine?

Kim is the Champ!

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
She will play, like she wouldn't, if it was any other tournament she wouldn't but this is a GS.

This is the second time she has cramped, and this time at night, maybe she should look at her conditioning program cause cramping is the result of conditioning.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It's not fair if they move it to another day. Just see what happened to Schiavone, after battling Ai in 3 sets, she has no choice but to play Jennifer.;)

It's not Kim's fault that Justine hasn't won her match in two sets.:)

I hope though that Justine recovers, so we will witness another great match.:angel:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I think Justine will play the final. She hasn't such a heart to give up now.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Toontje said:
...another excuse?.........maybe its Kim fault that Justine can't finish here first real opponent in two straight sets! :lol:

Who did have a catewalk up to the SF and who did spend the most hours in the players lounge during these rain delays? Kim or Justine?

Kim is the Champ!
I'm 100% sure that kim would have lost to this Capriati!
And I'm 200% sure that Justine will beat Kim in the final if she has recovered well!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
congrats for being so sure in life;)

·
Banned
928 Posts
rottweily said:
I'm 100% sure that kim would have lost to this Capriati!
And I'm 200% sure that Justine will beat Kim in the final if she has recovered well!

Don't guess to much rottweily........Capriati didn't win from Kim in the last 12 months!

Where was you when Kim played singles and doubles matches at RG, Wimbledon and AO!

After this evening...its going to be 5-3 head-to-heads between Kim and Justine in the last 12 months!!!

C'mon Kim......you can do it easily! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
959 Posts
All the best for Justine...! :bounce: :bounce: :worship:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
it's not Justine's fault either that both Amelie and Lindsay played terrible against Kim.

Give Justine a day rest, and she's the big favourite.

·
Team WTAworld, Superskyderen
13,888 Posts
Toontje said:

I'm sorry Toontje, I see you're a big Kim fan (your signature is a biiiig giveaway ;) ) but I don't think this is entirely fair on Justine... I didn't see the match (I was asleep!!) but I hear it was a classic and for Justine to end up on a dehydration drip? No, it's not Kim's fault at all but Justine obviously REALLY wanted this victory and I wish her well... I hope that Justine will be very much okay to play the final... *crossing fingers and toes* I don't really think that 'excuse' is the right language to use here...

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Please Kim, Don't disappoint all of your fans, no matter what happens, just play yourself!:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts