Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
:)
Serena has 6! Who's the real number one?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am in total agreement with that statement. There is no doubt that Justine deserves the No 1 position. As great a player as Kim is there has to be a question mark over her ranking when she has not won a grand slam and Justine has won two. In any case it is so obvious that the quality of play from Justine's game has it all over Kim.

JohnBoy

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Schaalksse or whatever....

I believe bee meant the active player, and me too so.. :rolleyes:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
596 Posts
Becool said:

I really am aware of that you know, but what have serena's 4 slams of last year, i repeat last year, to do with this year's ranking ?? ;)
On the all time list 6 is indeed better than 2 :D
But this year between serena and justine it's 2-2, with justine having 5 other tournaments won, including 3 tier 1, so i think it isn't that hard to see what bee meant :eek:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Knizzle said:
But Kim is more consistent and she has played alot of tennis for the tour, and has earned the points. She deserves her #1 ranking.......right?? :confused: ..................... :devil:
LMAO :lol: Dont you love it!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
36,726 Posts
People....the rankingsystem is like that :) I don't really mind. Kim deserved that first spot by playing great for several months. Justine wasn't that great at the beginning of the year remember.

Anyway, Justine is the better player right now. Serena is the best player in the world and number three..ranking isn't everything huh?

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
Becool said:

then, it should be monica!

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
STOP THIS BULLSHIT!!! stop making fun of the rankings!

justine has won two Grand slams and Kim none in THIS YEAR

well then if it is all about this year then LOOK AT THE RACE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS PEOPLE!! not the ranking system which includes several titles in the fall for kim and her championships!

with today's win JUSTINE 5609 KIM 5478

I think that settles the problem.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Serena has the Aust. open and Wimby
Justine has the French and U.S Open

On a normal day Serena can cream Justine but it would be more understandable to have Justine as number one and not Kim. Man that sucks but I can see the truth.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Its not like Kim lost first round. She still deserves her spot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.