Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kim can't win big matches, hasn't won a slam, simply lacks something.

Serena is injured, doesn't play much, and is falling down the rankings.

Venus is lost.

Justine, she has a slam under her belt, wins big matches, many titles. I think she's the real #1.

Reactions: ~ The Leopard ~

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,823 Posts
selesrules said:
Kim can't win big matches, hasn't won a slam, simply lacks something.

Serena is injured, doesn't play much, and is falling down the rankings.

Venus is lost.

Justine, she has a slam under her belt, wins big matches, many titles. I think she's the real #1.
You're like a dick. Doesn't have a brain, but always up and about spewing non-sense ;). All you're good for is a good laugh every now and then :lol:.

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
Dick Riley said:
You're like a dick. Doesn't have a brain, but always up and about spewing non-sense ;). All you're good for is a good laugh every now and then :lol:.
what is wrong w/ what she said?:confused: I think she is right. Venus has as good as retired from tennis as far as I am concerned (she shows up for like 8 events a year, which is a joke), and while she plays well when she does play, unless you play a long enough schedule, how do we know you can keep it up week in week out? Serena can do that, but is currently injured, which puts her out of the picture, and Kim hasn't had a win over any of the three of them since January (right? I might be wrong, so don't be too harsh on me;) ). With this in mind, who else would you put at no 1?

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mboyle said:
what is wrong w/ what she said?:confused: I think she is right. Venus has as good as retired from tennis as far as I am concerned (she shows up for like 8 events a year, which is a joke), and while she plays well when she does play, unless you play a long enough schedule, how do we know you can keep it up week in week out? Serena can do that, but is currently injured, which puts her out of the picture, and Kim hasn't had a win over any of the three of them since January (right? I might be wrong, so don't be too harsh on me;) ). With this in mind, who else would you put at no 1?
It's okay, Kim fans are still upset about that FO spanking that Justine gave their fav, Serena fans are still upset about that "hand" incident, so of course nobody will support Justine. But they know deep down inside that Justine IS the true #1 right now.

·
11,823 Posts
mboyle said:
How about Serena Williams :rolleyes:. Winner of 5 of the last 6 slams played. And yes...Venus is as good as retired. She has been the picture of health all year long :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
Dick Riley said:
How about Serena Williams :rolleyes:. Winner of 5 of the last 6 slams played. And yes...Venus is as good as retired. She has been the picture of health all year long :rolleyes:.

Oh I know Serena is the best, but she is injured. We are talking about the present, not the past 52+ weeks;) . Well, at least that is what I understood of the thread....

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
BTW, I hate Justine, so it was really hard for me to admitt that she is CURRENTLY the biggest title threat out there. (however once Serena comes back healthy she will obviously be winning tournament after tournament)

·
11,823 Posts
mboyle said:
Oh I know Serena is the best, but she is injured. We are talking about the present, not the past 52+ weeks;) . Well, at least that is what I understood of the thread....
I gather the thread is speaking generally. If it is, selesrules is a dick :rolleyes:. If it isn't speaking generally, selesrules is still a dick for being selesrules :rolleyes: :p :eek:

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Kim has way more titles.
Kim has one more loss (14) on her total than Justine.
Compared to *cough* *cough* TWENTY SEVEN MORE WINS. Kim has 92 match wins in the past 52 weeks.
Serena has way more Slams.
Serena has the most recent Slam title, beating Justine to do it.

If Justine wants to be the best player in the World, she needs to win the US Open to prove it.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Venus 7-1 vs. Justine
5-2 vs. Kim(one being and injury retire in 1st set)

3-0 vs. Belgians in 2003, 2-0 vs. Kim and 1-0 vs. Justine, including one victory vs. each at the semifinal stage of a GS. Never lost to either at a GS. Are we seeing a pattern here?? :devil:

·
Veelieve!!!
33,802 Posts
mboyle said:
Venus has as good as retired from tennis as far as I am concerned (she shows up for like 8 events a year, which is a joke), and while she plays well when she does play, unless you play a long enough schedule, how do we know you can keep it up week in week out?

I guess you're referring to Venus's first few years on the tour right?
In her 1st full year(1997) on the tour she played 13 tournaments
1998-16
1999-20 including Fed cup and the tour championships.
2000- 12 (after sitting out the 1st few months with tendinitis of the wrists . We all know what happened after that).
2001-12
2002-16including tour champoinships.
2003-6 + Fed Cup and we all know why.

There!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :tape:

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
You guys do get excited, don't you? At this precise moment, juju seems to be doing better than kim, serena is injured, and there is a question mark over whether Venus is fit. I don't think it is such a terrible thing to say that juju is the player to watch just now. That doesn't mean that she is as good as the Williams sisters when they are fit, or that Kim doesn't deserve to be # 1. It is just a fact about how they are all traveling at this exact point of time.

Don't let selesrules get under your skin.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
selesrules said:
It's okay, Kim fans are still upset about that FO spanking that Justine gave their fav, Serena fans are still upset about that "hand" incident, so of course nobody will support Justine.
and you're still upset over that asswhoop'n kim gave both Serena and Justine at the wta championships last year

·
11,823 Posts
jouissant said:
You guys do get excited, don't you? At this precise moment, juju seems to be doing better than kim, serena is injured, and there is a question mark over whether Venus is fit. I don't think it is such a terrible thing to say that juju is the player to watch just now. That doesn't mean that she is as good as the Williams sisters when they are fit, or that Kim doesn't deserve to be # 1. It is just a fact about how they are all traveling at this exact point of time.

Don't let selesrules get under your skin.
harder said than done ;) :fiery:

·
36,726 Posts
disposablehero said:
Kim has way more titles.
Kim has one more loss (14) on her total than Justine.
Compared to *cough* *cough* TWENTY SEVEN MORE WINS. Kim has 92 match wins in the past 52 weeks.
Serena has way more Slams.
Serena has the most recent Slam title, beating Justine to do it.

If Justine wants to be the best player in the World, she needs to win the US Open to prove it.
way more titles? *cough* We're talking about single titles here. She won 6 tournaments this year, Justine 5. Justine won a Slam, Kim not.
Serena has way more slams lol..so does Graf or Navratilova, should we rank them first?
We're talking about NOW, not about last year or other previous years.

Imo Serena is the best player, but you can't expect her to be number one if she only plays like 11 tournaments.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.