Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1197 Posts

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone finds soime vids he/she wants to share. Voilà le thread ;)

this one is quite funny.
Yellow pantsed bud Collins interviews Justine on court after the RG final.
Notice how he has his hands on Justine's shoulder and Justine clearly hates it ;)
I also noticed how good (???) Justine's english was, sure she has an accent (;) ) but voc, word order and "fluidity" are suite ok, no?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13204608/

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
you know, bud collins has his hands over all the female players, at least those that i've watched. :rolleyes: it's amazing that he didn't put his hands on federer or nadal, if you wanted those post match interviews, so, erm, you know....

i think kuzzy was also uncomfy about it, but justine clearly shows it, esp when it's coupled with the all time popular AO question, LOL.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
shibster said:
you know, bud collins has his hands over all the female players, at least those that i've watched. :rolleyes: it's amazing that he didn't put his hands on federer or nadal, if you wanted those post match interviews, so, erm, you know....

i think kuzzy was also uncomfy about it, but justine clearly shows it, esp when it's coupled with the all time popular AO question, LOL.

Perhaps she knows he was one of the worst critics about AO 2006. All the Aussie papers were quoting Bud Collins's reaction. ;)

This is his article, and it was posted in the Boston paper too, and carried out at various other American newspapers.
http://www.budcollinstennis.com/touraments/06-OZ-Open/tourny-06ozopen-13.html

It's quite funny, and lame of Collins to try to salvage his own reputation by sucking up to Bossy. I find the hold the shoulder thing very rude, she's not 3 years old, and I'm sure she thinks he's talking down to her.

What's really bugs me is that in his RG 2006 article he refers to the term "belgian bellyacher" and wrote it this term was used by others. Actually, Collins is the one that used that phrase. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thx nouf! I already foudn them before you posted here ;) thx!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,302 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,302 Posts
I recorded Justine's match with Daniela today. I'll upload it soon (even though she beat Dani ;))

1 - 20 of 1197 Posts