Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
adidas and Justine Henin-Hardenne sign a long-term contract .

Amsterdam, April 24 2003- adidas and Justine Henin-Hardenne, finalist
of Wimbledon in 2001 and already vanquisher of 2 tournaments in 2003, come to sign a long-term contract.
Justine, number 4 of the world, will become one of the best ranked players sponsored by adidas.
She will play for the first time in the gamut of
adidas and footwear adidas FEATHER at the Federation Cup
who will oppose Belgium to Austria on April 26 and April 27
She will start the season on grass with footwear BARRICADES II of adidas.

Justine is a real winner.
Her rapidity , her impressive physical condition and her strong backhand
have permitted her to reach the top of the feminine circuit.
« Justine is the perfect match for the adidas tennis family.
This is a player with an extremely high performance, who put her passion and commitment into her tennis and is so one of the most complete athletes in the ciruit at the present time » declared Michael Riehl, head of the sporting international marketing for adidas.

Justine has won her first professional tournament, the Open competition of Belgium, in January 1999, becoming one of the 5 women of the history in tennis to impose oneself in her first WTA tournament.
She has furthermore won her Family Circle cup of Charleston in April 2003, awarding so her 8th single title.
(without forgetting 2 other victories in doubles)
She excels equally in Grand Slam tournaments, where she played the
final of Wimbledon in 2001 as the semi-final of Roland Garros in 2001, of
Wimbledon in 2002 and of the Australian Open in 2003.
She has otherwise won 2 titles in Tier I WTA tournaments, imposing a first time before Serena Williams at the German Open in 2002,
then a second time on the famous Family Circle Cup
on April 13 2003 (ending the strike of 21 matches without defeats of Serena !)

« I am looking forward to work with adidas on a long-term .
The mark reputes for the quality of his footwear and of his tennis clothes. The experience and the expertise of adidas will be the elemental
keys of my play in the future » affirmed Justine.

from her official website www.henin-hardenne.be :)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Adidas really are after the top players after Martina retired, now they have Henin, Rubin, Schnyder, Zvonerva, Shaughnessy, Kournikova Babsi and Baker.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Very good choice Justine ! :)

Reactions: fleemke³

·
Premium Member
181,848 Posts
oh Justine in adidas :) :D

i bet she'll play in white 90% of time still ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
Not a bad choice for Justine, pretty cool!

At least she won't be in Nike! There's nothing horribly wrong with Nike, but I couldn't imagine Justine in their uniform dresses. :eek:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Excellent choice from both sides.

·
Registered
17,919 Posts
adidas stuff looks great-- Martina and Chanda especially always looked/look so classy. :hearts:

Or will Juju go for the bare-midriff look sported by Anna K. & many of the Junior girls? :eek:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hénin-Hardenne with a bare midriff? Eeewww. :) I wouldn't want to see her in a tennis dress either. It would be just as bad as when CBS show the highlights of Venus Williams from the 1997 US Open and Venus is wearing a shirt with sleeves. It just looks so *wrong* on her on the court.

I think she looks wonderful in white, and doesn't need to change that.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Good for Justine :)

I thought only Anna had exclusive clothes. I've seen Martina wear exclusive things too (like the shirt with the long sleeve), but not always. Before she retired she wore the same clothes as the rest.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Ilhame said:
Good for Justine :)

I thought only Anna had exclusive clothes. I've seen Martina wear exclusive things too (like the shirt with the long sleeve), but not always. Before she retired she wore the same clothes as the rest.

On the addidas site they had clothes named Anna's and Martina's - maybe the rest of the girls wore the same clothes as Martina, but they (clothes) were called Martina's collection (at least a year or two ago). I know this because I wanted to buy something and I was looking for "tennis clothes", but the item was not there and then I noticed they had two special collections. Of course Martina's line was not as exclusive as Anna's - she had to share ;).

1 - 20 of 59 Posts