Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While JCF didn't dedicate his win to his mother(not that I know of), both he and Justine lost their mother's when they were young. It's great to see both of them break through and win their 1st major at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Juan Carlos dedicated his win to his mother ;) but he told that in spanish lol

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
It would be nice to see a photo of JCF & Henin together with their trophies. I think it would be a good photo. If anybody sees one please post it here.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
;)

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
controlfreak said:
It would be nice to see a photo of JCF & Henin together with their trophies. I think it would be a good photo. If anybody sees one please post it here.

Yeah it would be nice :D but Justien was already in Belgium this afternoon so I don't think there is one :sad:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Q. The memory of your mother was in your mind during the match?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Well, in my mind, she was in the first row.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
I did not know that about JUAN CARLOS until today. It touched my heart and it made me think about how playing on clay is all about fitness, determination, stamina, patience and willpower. It is not just about hard-hitting and quick pts. And these two both lost their mothers early on and both have had their painful losses here in the past at Roland Garros. How fitting that both players, for whom it seemed destiny to win this trophy, won in the same year, a year in which they dominated the clay court season so completely. Justine was 22-1 on clay and Juan Carlos was nearly so dominant.

For me this was a perfect Roland Garros. Kim win the doubles with Ai and the Brian brothers winning was like icing on the cake and I loved seeing an unranked player who had never played in the main draw at Roland Garros, Martin Verkerk, making it all the way to the finals. He is a very nice gentleman. :D

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Nice. Congrats Juan Carlos and Justine!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
treufreund said:
I did not know that about JUAN CARLOS until today. It touched my heart and it made me think about how playing on clay is all about fitness, determination, stamina, patience and willpower. It is not just about hard-hitting and quick pts. And these two both lost their mothers early on and both have had their painful losses here in the past at Roland Garros. How fitting that both players, for whom it seemed destiny to win this trophy, won in the same year, a year in which they dominated the clay court season so completely. Justine was 22-1 on clay and Juan Carlos was nearly so dominant.

For me this was a perfect Roland Garros. Kim win the doubles with Ai and the Brian brothers winning was like icing on the cake and I loved seeing an unranked player who had never played in the main draw at Roland Garros, Martin Verkerk, making it all the way to the finals. He is a very nice gentleman. :D

And don't forget that a German girl won the junior singles -- And a young man who had never been in a grand slam before won on the boys' side. Swiss by nationality. Stanislas Wawrinka. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts