Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's amazing that Justine has now won against all of the top 10 players in their last meeting except for Venus :eek:

1. Serena Williams, 2003 French Open , SF: 6-2, 4-6, 7-5 WON
2. Kim Clijsters, 2003 French Open , F: 6-0, 6-4 WON
4. Venus Williams 2003 Australian Open, SF : 3-6, 3-6 LOST
5. Lindsay Davenport, 2003 Australian Open, 4th : 7-5, 5-7, 9-7 WON
6. Amélie Mauresmo, 2003 German Open - Berlin, SF: 7-6(6), 6-4 WON
7. Chanda Rubin, 2003 French Open, QF : 6-3, 6-2 WON
8. Jennifer Capriati, 2003 Dubai Tennis Championships - Dubai, SF: 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 WON
9. Daniela Hantuchova, 2002 Sparkassen Cup Int´l Grand Prix - Leipzig, Germany, QF : 6-4, 7-5 WON
10. Anastasia Myskina, 2003 Dubai Tennis Championships - Dubai , QF : 6-1, 6-4 WON

These are amazing stats!

·
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I believe Head-to-Heads are irrelevant, talking about a young and increasingly improving tennis player :rolleyes:

Look for instance the H2H with Seles: 4-3 for Seles but Justine won the last 3 meetings....
4-3 for Serena but Justine won the last 2...

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Lindsayfan said:
look at the head to head,and stats arent so good..
Head to head doesn't matter, that was all ages ago, what matters is who is the best RIGHT NOW.

Reactions: matthias

·
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't wait for Wimbledon, where Justine could try to improve this record to ALL of the top 10 players ;)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Lindsayfan, that's def true, but it still is a good sign that Justine's game has been improving and she's much more competitive with the top ten then she used to be.

I'm hoping otherwise, but I think that once the hard court season starts she'll start to really struggle w/ the other top tenners again.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
two wins in a row against serena and kim. she has probably won well over 50% over her matches this year against top ten players!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Nothing to sneeze at. :)

You know you could have a 5-10 record against someone, but if the last five victories are yours..... well, then, I think that would be the important thing.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
EXCEPT VENUS who crushed her down under. justine's best chances are clay. Can't see her beating Venus on grass or hardcourt.

·
7,996 Posts
Didn't Venus defeat Justine last at Antwerp? =P

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
No Kim defeated Justine and Venus won from Kim ;)

·
7,996 Posts
oh *hides* I'm an incompetent =(

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
"She won a set in the Wimbledon final, so i guess it's possible"

ROFLMBAO! The only time that matters is if your opponent has to ret. the match. She won that set and then Venus slammed the door in her face.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
LOL whatever that means....what'd you just fart?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts