1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
4,852 Posts
I think they are two different persons :lol:

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
but steffi at least was not out when asv won her slams and titles, she didn't took her injury time out till after the us open.

so there is a difference;)

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
4,852 Posts
irma said:
but steffi at least was not out when asv won her slams and titles, she didn't took her injury time out till after the us open.

pffff, Kim is also not out :p :devil:

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
well comparing kim with steffi versus justine asv is not even that weird

6:4 5:2
matchpoints in canada
dominating the first set in the us open

shoot :eek:

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
irma said:
so all kim has to do is winning the next 4 slam finals they play too :D
you sure would love to see that,huh?! :lol:

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
irma said:
that said I expect serena to be pissed and kick ass next year. I think her competitors blood raised again ;)
At least you can´t go wrong there! WTA be afraid for the wrath of Serena!!

·
Registered
34,055 Posts
irma said:

:rolleyes: Definitely you're the reencarnation of evil :devil: :p

I only hope she doesn't start to fail as ASV did after that in the GS finals after USO but her last RG

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
irma said:

But Monica the #1 player was out. There's no difference, really.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
The results might be the same but personality and playing styles are VERY different. I would actually compare Arantxa more to Kim Clijsters in terms of style. Kim Clijsters IMO is more of a futuristic Arantxa I think. Kim's movement does resemble those of Arantxa and I do remember seeing Arantxa make those "squash shots" although Arantxa never made a full split like Kim does. ;)

I've looked up there W/L record and some VERY interesting things I found:

Arantxa's W/L heading to the French in 94 was 30/5 and Justine's this year was 30/5 (if u include Justine's win over Fernandez official)!

Both Arantxa and Justine won 6 titles leading to the U.S. Open..(if u include Arantxa's win at Prague a title) :eek:

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
selesrules said:
But Monica the #1 player was out. There's no difference, really.
maybe you didn't know but two players were missing from the us open this year. that's what I was talking about. monica was out, the second (if you want to say it that way) steffi was not till after the us open then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.