Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after being screwed round for a week, these two Aussie Battlers get the walkover! The extra prize money should hopefully cover the bill for the extra weeks hotel accomodation they have had to fork out for before a Miss Clijsters could make her fuckin mind up whether she wanted to play or not!

If Kim had really wanted to play doubles she would have said something to the schedulers days ago!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,624 Posts
AUSBOY said:
Finally after being screwed round for a week, these two Aussie Battlers get the walkover! The extra prize money should hopefully cover the bill for the extra weeks hotel accomodation they have had to fork out for before a Miss Clijsters could make her fuckin mind up whether she wanted to play or not!
They got their walkover because their opponents (who actually entered the singles and had something else to do) also got screwed over. No way the "Aussie Battlers" win this title. Kim and Ai would have been 50/50 shots.

AUSBOY said:
If Kim had really wanted to play doubles she would have said something to the schedulers days ago!
Kim really wanted to play doubles days ago, Aushole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,624 Posts
BTW, Aushole, is the extra weeks hotel accomadation because they didn't get a walkover or because nobody has been given a doubles match in days? The only way they would not have still been in the hotel is if they expected Kim/Ai to play and went home rather than waiting around days for a beating.
 

·
Enemy of Art
Joined
·
13,367 Posts
Dude, I was just about to edit :p

Here is my new post:

"The players don't have to pay for accomodation at the US Open. Every WTA tournament (and even Challengers denoted as "+H") provides free housing as long as you're in the draw." :p
 

·
Enemy of Art
Joined
·
13,367 Posts
The point is...Lisa and Trudi don't have to spend an extra dime while Kim ("Miss Clijsters if you're nasty") decides whether to deign to play doubles or not. They weren't even close to paying for it in the first place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,975 Posts
Justice.... :rolleyes: I think they are fortunate Kim and Ai withdrew....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,256 Posts
Come-on-kim said:
Justice.... :rolleyes: I think they are fortunate Kim and Ai withdrew....
Seriously!!!

Anyhow...I don't care. I'd rather have Kim focused 100% on her singles title. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,738 Posts
Kim had made up her mind from the very beginning! She wanted to play doubles and go all the way. Unfortunately the scheduling made that impossible. They had said beforehand that they'd wait for the result of the Kim-Amélie match before deciding on the doubles. Had Kim lost to Amélie, she wouldn't have withdrawn from doubles.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top