Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find Mixed doubles probably the most enjoyable matches to watch. I like the volleying, the interplay between the players, and the joy of watching men and women compete together. I cant think of another sport that is Coed except maybe Sailing. Do you agree that Mixed doubles could bring new fans to the game, and help keep the ones we got? do you also like mixed doubles? why not one tournament a year, with only mixed doubles. could provide some fun and a little less pressure in a year with only rigorous super-competitive tournaments.

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never heard of it really. is that the thing In Australia that leyton was supposed to play with kim? So somebody already stole my idea?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Well, it's a tournament by nations so Kim and Lleyton can't play together.
It's 1 single men, 1 single women, 1 mixed doubles.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
In the 1970s and 1980s, for several years, there was a pretty big mixed doubles tournament that attracted a lot of top players. I suspect, however, that it died from lack of interest and the crowded calendar. With the money in tennis today, it would be fairly difficult to attract a star-studded field for another meaningless exhibition.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Well, WTT holds many mixed doubles matches. But the scoring is different than a regular tennis match.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Impossible. Since it does not award points, I dont think WTA and ATP will partner for this. It's more likely to be an exhibition e.g. slams mixed, Hopman Cup. But we could have some tournaments with some of the joint events e.g. s-Hertogenbosch,.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
In 2002 I was at Roland Garros and had the great privilege of watching Hantuchova/Ullyet vs. Schett/Eagle. It was a little court so I was at a few meters. Quite impressive.
Eagle had a hard time returning Hantuchova's first serve, and Daniela is a real doubles player, very smart and very "technique".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts