Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive got a freaking kidney stone, and let me tell you this bitch is just not fun. Its like the 3rd one that Ive had, and Im just getting sick of it. Im non stop running to the restroom and when Im there it just hurts... They're saying that I may have to have surgery to have it removed, and Im not a fan of that at all........ Scared Mase..... not trying to be a drama king but it has me a little worried..... Anyways yes, this is a pretty random post but I just needed to get it out somehow... Im feeling better.... :)

Reactions: galadriel

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Mase: Awwww... Do the surgery, man. It's not worth waiting for it to dissolve. It is your decision of course but I just think it's best to go ahead and get it over with.

Mrs._Guga: a kidney stone is a buildup of calcium in your kidneys. Calcium is usually absorbed back into the body but when your blood gets 'cleaned' by your kidneys, some of the calcium stays. Overtime, a buildup occurs and the calcium is formed into irregular shaped balls which block the opening to the ureters causing extreme pain and difficulty in urinating. If the stone is small enough, sometimes it'll pass in the urine but imagine how painful that is.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the concern guys, very appreciated! I just needed to vent it out.. lol. And Cariosty thats exactly what it is.. and my stones have all been Calcium so Im going to have to go on a special diet or something to make sure this doesnt keep happening to me. I think Im am going to go with the surgery, I dont think there's too much of an option now. They say that when a stone is 6mm or bigger then there are no options, you have to do it. Well my is 5mm, so the doc was like you have a 40% chance of passing it normally, so Ive given it another week and well, still sticking around. SO its looking like surgery. There are 2 kinds, one is where they take some electronic waves, or something, lol, and they put it near where the stone is and it crushes it, so I can pass it that way. The only problem is where my stone is, its surronded by so many bones that he thinks that the bones will absorb most of the waves, so it wouldnt be real productive for me. The second one is just ugly.... to not get too graphic, they actually go through your penis head GET THIS with a small telescope, find the stone, then they use a small laser and pulverise it, so I can then pass it. I'll have to havewhat they call a STINT in my penis for two days, to make sure the uretha (pretty much your pee tube) doesnt swell shut, or something like that, and then I have to PULL IT OUT... NOT fun at all, but like you said Cariosty you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Dont get me wrong, Ill be knocked out when they do it, THANK goodness, but I can imagine being really sore down there for a while... Im still just praying that I pass it naturally before then, we'll see....... Thanks again for your concern and hearing me out guys!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
well you don't know how relieved u'll feel when u're done with it!

...i had a surgery late last year and i was in pain for about 2 weeks but now i'm grateful i had this surgery:)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
..hmm have the docs suggested using a laser to break them up so they'd be small enough to " pass" in your urine? (or is that the "surgery" you're referring to? :confused: )

..anyhow go for the surgery, it'll be over quick and it'll be worth getting rid of the pain ..

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again guys.. I went to the doc today and had to have a catheder (sp) done, my system isnt flushing out my urine correctly, so that was FUN. LOL.. but again falls in that you gotta do what you gotta do catagory. They said sometimes it'll move the stone, so hopefully that'll happen and I can pass it... Im going to schedule the sugery this week anyways, about done with this shit... 25 is TOO young for this, hahahaha!

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK I JUST have to share in my excitement!! Its like 1251pm my time, adn I just freaking passed my STONE!!! Im soooooooooooooo happy I cant even explain!!!!!!! That means NO SURGERY and I can go on living my life normally again, well atleast using the bathroom normaly again!!!!!! OH MY, Im the happiest freaking camper!!!!! Thanks everyone for their concern, this just proves to me the power of prayer. Im honestly not the most religious person, but Ive been talking to the man upstairs here recentley it it looks like he's answered!!!!!!!! Ok Im off to bed, very happily!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!!!! :) :) :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts