Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, a future congrats to Kim on her upcoming #1 ranking.

Just a reminder on some other facts:

Head to Head:

SERENA leads Justine 5:3
SERENA leads Kim 8:1

VENUS leads Justine 7:1
VENUS leads Kim 5:2

Grand Slams:

SERENA = 6
VENUS = 4
Justine = 1
Kim = 0

TR :cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Reading all your posts in the last 24 hours really shows one thing.

Behind the jovial front you are putting on, Kim Clijsters becoming Number 1 is cutting you into pieces. Get over it and Move on, If Serena or Venus really want it that bad, they will get it back, they know what they have to do.

·
Registered
33,234 Posts
Happily tennis isn't only grandslams and playing topplayers. If you can't defeat low ranked players or can only play grand slams, you are still not the best,

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sam L said:
17th August 1987

The day Steffi Graf became #1 for the first time.

Head to Head:

Navratilova leads Graf 6:3
Evert leads Graf 6:4

Grand Slams:

Navratilova = 16
Evert = 18
Graf = 1

By 1997, things were very different.
Sam L :cool:
Also Steffi had just lost Wimbledon to Navratilova and went on to lose the US Open to her and retained the number 1 spot ;)

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
which explains why navratilova and evert had a combined total of 34 slams as opposed to venus and serena's total of 10...

though of course, i doubt serena or venus would ever win 36 slams between them

·
Chionophile
40,186 Posts
TeeRexx said:
Oh, was Graf a year younger than Navratilova and Evert in 1987? :rolleyes:

TR :cool:
Yes but this has nothing to do with age. If Kim and Justine are going to be the best, they're going to the best. I'm not saying they are going to be, but they have to start somewhere, and this is a damn good start I'd say.

·
Registered
407 Posts
moby said:
which explains why navratilova and evert had a combined total of 34 slams as opposed to venus and serena's total of 10...

though of course, i doubt serena or venus would ever win 36 slams between them
I Think Navratilova/Evert have around 80 between them ;)

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
lets not bring in the doubles, it will make venus and serena look bad

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
TR has obviously forgotten the rankings are only determinded by the past 52 weeks. I wonder if he still likes the Comparison between Henin and Serena's stats so much.

Anyway this thread is silly, and of negative content, only pointing out the thing Kim, Justine didn't do to derserve the ranking rather than what they did do to earn it (they do have 5 tier I's, the Masters and a Slam between them)

Anyway, whatever makes someone feel better...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.