Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Rybakina was hyped in here and now no thread almost an hour after the match finished :rolleyes:

didn't see the match, maybe someone who did can enlighten me if Ryba was just getting tired or if Pera was just better

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Don't worry, if she had won, I'd have had one up about 30 seconds after match point ;)

Strange match. Both had BPs in the opponents opening service game, Pera probably was looking the better player, but a few forehand nets on big points from her, and they kept holding until the 10th game where Rybakina kind of broke from out of nowhere - then it just went wrong.

Pera got an early break, then saved some BPs to hold, broke again and then that set was gone. Broke early again in the decider, held to win 8 games in a row and Rybakina just didn't have much answer, until a little bit of resistance in the last 2 games, but Pera was the better player and deserved her win.

Even though Pera probably spent longer on the court in reaching the Lausanne semi final than Rybakina did in winning Bucharest, maybe the matches and mental emotions (even though she seemed really calm when winning) eventually caught up, but then again, she is still new to this level and Pera is a very good WTA clay court player with a lot of experience and deep runs at a number of events.

Still an excellent couple of week for the young'un, and maybe in the long being brought back down to Earth won't be a bad thing, and hopefully Pera can go on to at least reach the final, which she should, given there's no top 150 (at the start of the week at least) left in her half.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
*still waits for Bernie to happen.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Missed the match...

but Pera is a solid opponent in form and thought Rybakina endurance could be tested, still young

Take rest Lena and be ready to snatch some win on Hardcourt !

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
I thought Rybakina was hyped in here and now no thread almost an hour after the match finished :rolleyes:

didn't see the match, maybe someone who did can enlighten me if Ryba was just getting tired or if Pera was just better
Poor girl..:sad:

But congrats Bernie, Croatia produces so many great players! :worship:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts