Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a good match from Caro but congrats to Chloe!! She has a big game and I would love to see her in the top 100.

·
Registered
26,001 Posts
Oh goodness. She’s playing these small events to win matches and build confidence, but it’s actually tearing down her confidence even more.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh goodness. She’s playing these small events to win matches and build confidence, but it’s actually tearing down her confidence even more.
Yeah, she is certainly regressing. It is a shame, I am not sure what she needs to do - well besides hiring a new coach maybe.

·
La nuit je mens
87,963 Posts
Time for a short break for Caro. Not only did she never take time to heal that back issues but her coaching situation need to change too.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
This is the 1st year Paquet has broken into the top 200!!!
She is the same age as Garcia at 25.
One has to wonder why she is still in the game after have almost no success for so long. She must love the game.
Paquet had a good run at Strasbourg beating Kenin and Gavrilova before losing to Gracia 3,4.

·
Registered
26,001 Posts
This is the 1st year Paquet has broken into the top 200!!!
She is the same age as Garcia at 25.
One has to wonder why she is still in the game after have almost no success for so long. She must love the game.
Paquet had a good run at Strasbourg beating Kenin and Gavrilova before losing to Gracia 3,4.
She still has another three or four years of the FFT throwing money at her, based on the Hesse precedent.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She still has another three or four years of the FFT throwing money at her, based on the Hesse precedent.
  1. She hasn't gotten nearly as many as WCs as Hesse.
  2. She has weapons but has always struggled with consistency.
  3. Are you supposed to give up at 25 because you haven't cracked the top 100?? Let the girl develop at her own pace! And she didn't achieve this QF thanks to the FFT WC.

·
Registered
87,300 Posts
:hah: Garcia

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Mess.

This whole post-grass-season clay swing was a questionable idea to begin with. Safe to say it hasn't been fruitful.. only one win at each event. :hysteric:

I'm not even sure what she can do next because it seems like she can't win. She had a GREAT couple weeks without her father, racked up the most WTA level grass wins on tour this year, and then flopped in the first round of Wimbledon to Zhang. :sad:

So to me it's like she's making some good progress but still with no big results to show for it. Is it just simple lack of consistency? No confidence? Not sure what to suggest going forward but hopefully she can have a more successful US hard court swing.

Paquet played a solid match against her on clay in Strasbourg, and like Fio Ferro has actually been pretty good the past few weeks. Congrats.

·
Registered
15,823 Posts
These 2 gap weeks have not fared well for Garcia at all. I wouldn’t blame her if she wishes she had joined her colleagues on taking a mini break on some paradise Mediterranean island.

·
Registered
34,119 Posts
Caroline :help:. Two straight second round losses at International level :help:.

She was playing very well a couple of weeks ago, so I don't think these losses are a result of the back issues or confidence crisis from earlier this year (she even finally beat Jennifer Brady!), unless those problems have returned. Maybe her two slam flops dented her confidence? What a mess though. Hopefully hard courts will inspire better things for her.

·
Registered
8,674 Posts
Like I said on her 1st round match thread, I don't understand what Garcia was doing in these International events. The gains/profits would be so little even if she was successfull.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts