Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sevastova with a bad first set but plays a lot better in the 2nd.

Bara serving twice for the 1st set, was 4 times up with a break...

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
First set was a massive break-fest. Thank goodness Nastija came back in the TB because even with Bara's fatigue, she was playing more aggressively and I think if she won the first set she could have won the match.

Seva's level in set two was MUCH stronger. She will need to play like that to outfox Potato in the SF. The crowd got so excited when she said some words in Latvijan, I hope she can give them what they want at the end of the week... just two more wins! ;)

Some terrible line calling in this match btw. SO many points had to be replayed. :help:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Is this Bara girl retarded or what? Really don't get what was the point to break 4 times if you blow it right back every single time and then do the same thing in TB. She did not even try to serve it out, not once but twice! Barely ever gets a chance to play main tour and then this, so lame. Deserves to be stuck in ITFs if can't even close out scrub like Sevastova.

·
Registered
703 Posts
ITF draw for Sevastova but she'll take it.
LOL. That's all she can ever win. However, title this week is still not a done deal despite only facing losers thus far. It depends on Potapova. After missing every shot in the first set, she figured Sevastova out in Prague and blasted her off the court in last 2 sets dropping just 5 games. Match will be on Potapova's terms tomorrow. I guess, Potapova won't need 5 breaks to win a set.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
8 service breaks in the 1st set, and Sev had to survive 6 BPs to win one one the games.
-
This is the 2nd match in a row that Sev has had trouble with a low ranked opponent.
Sev edged by, #147, Jakupovic 6-7,6-2, 6-4
Sev had a 1st set TB with little 5'5, #213, Bara 7-6

·
Registered
15,823 Posts
Personally I just think it’s a nice story that in the first ever Latvian WTA event (am I right on this?) a Latvian player has gone deep into the draw. It can only be good for the tournament and also for increasing some more interest in women’s tennis in Latvia.

So ITF quality run or not for Sevastova, it’s a positive narrative for a gap week.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,985 Posts
LOL. That's all she can ever win. However, title this week is still not a done deal despite only facing losers thus far. It depends on Potapova. After missing every shot in the first set, she figured Sevastova out in Prague and blasted her off the court in last 2 sets dropping just 5 games. Match will be on Potapova's terms tomorrow. I guess, Potapova won't need 5 breaks to win a set.
Thank you for your expert prognosis, smartass.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thank you for your expert prognosis, smartass.
It was not prognosis, it was stating the obvious. If Potapova played cleaner match, like she did in Prague earlier this year, she would have won. How hard is it to win if your opponent sprays the court with tons of unforced errors. Sevastova has made a career out of it. Only works against idiots and low tier events tho that's why she has never won anything bigger than crap Internationals without top players.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,985 Posts
It was not prognosis, it was stating the obvious. If Potapova played cleaner match, like she did in Prague earlier this year, she would have won. How hard is it to win if your opponent sprays the court with tons of unforced errors. Sevastova has made a career out of it. Only works against idiots and low tier events tho that's why she has never won anything bigger than crap Internationals without top players.
Smart asses who think they are superior to all but the most elite tennis players and think they can look down on the rest, really are the saddest of creatures. I will tell my impression of you. You've got an ego the size of Mount Everest and the brain the size of a peanut.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Smart asses who think they are superior to all but the most elite tennis players and think they can look down on the rest, really are the saddest of creatures. I will tell my impression of you. You've got an ego the size of Mount Everest and the brain the size of a peanut.
Don't be so sad! Just admit defeat and improve your knowledge for better future arguments.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Don't be so sad! Just admit defeat and improve your knowledge for better future arguments.
You're the one who got it wrong from start to finish and looking more and more like an idiot with each post. Don't think you have any room for improvement in knowledge, though.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
703 Posts
You're the one who got it wrong from start to finish and looking more and more like an idiot with each post. Don't think you have any room for improvement in knowledge, though.
What did exactly I get wrong? I have beaten y'all end up with strong arguments. Want to get more embarrassed? Bring it on!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts