Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Well, let's be honest ... this was one of the best match Jakupovic played this year but Sevastova was just too experienced at the end even though this point in last set at *4-3, 30-30 for Jakupovic shouldn't be replayed IMO. It was more than clear Sevastova wouldn't make ball back to court also if it wouldn't be called out. So who knows what would happen if Jakupovic would hold and lead 5-3 in last. :shrug: Wasn't really the best sportmanship for Anastasija to be fair. I think she knew point should get to Jakupovic as well I think. Just hope Dalila will take positive things from this match and won't think too much about that point. She really needs to get her s**t together if she wants to break back to top 100 again. :)

Must say Latvian fans weren't too sporty as well. I understand support for home player but cheering so loud when Jakupovic made UEs and barelly any clapping for example when she hit outsanding winner (which there were really a lot).

Otherwise it was a good quality match - lot of dropshots as well (both these players really know how to play them), some great winners from both sides. Overall very entertaining match. :)

·
Registered
7,435 Posts

Reactions: DcsabaS

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
So much about the respectful crowd. And Dalila definitely got robbed there at 30-30 4-3.
Very encouraging performance though. With this level she really shouldnt have too much trouble getting back to the top 100.

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
This was NOT an encouraging performance from Nastija. :hysteric: But her experience and will to fight through really paid off. Dalilah was much stronger than she has been for most of this year. I think if she were a better 'closer', she could have taken this match (and largely deserved it based on her play).

There were also just so many changes in momentum. From Jakupovic being 4-1 up in the first set, then Nastija wasting 3 set points, and losing like a million points in a row in the tiebreaker to lose it. Despite the bad umpiring, it was a fun close contest to watch.

Hopefully Seva can build on this performance. The draw is opening up a little.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
The draw is really wide open, the potential Potapova-Sevastova semifinal is still something to look forward to. And on paper, the winner of Pera-Rybakina ought to be the other finalist.

Kawa-Ivakhnenko for the final, then :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Dalila...:sad:

It would have been a HUGE confidence boost for her if she could have netted the win here...but seeing as she was in a huge losing streak for a while, I think the best news is that she won a match at a tournament...as wins have come few and far between for her this season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts