Tsvetana Pironkova BUL
Sania Mirza IND

Qualifier
Simona Halep ROU

Bethanie Mattek-Sands USA
Agnieszka Radwanska POL (8)

---------------
---------------

Looks good until the third round -- at least Julia has a shot at defending her points from last year, that's all I wanted... :cheer: then probably with luck she'll be able to get further we'll see...

·
Admin
66,845 Posts
meh, Hercog is up and down player, u never know what you get, Julia lost to her before but on clay, which is best surface from Hercog!
I don´t know what to think, I wouldn´t be surprised if she would lose first round here but also could happen that she reaches 3rd round again :shrug:

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meh, Hercog is up and down player, u never know what you get, Julia lost to her before but on clay, which is best surface from Hercog!
I don´t know what to think, I wouldn´t be surprised if she would lose first round here but also could happen that she reaches 3rd round again :shrug:
I had a mirage of Bethanie and Julia playing first round... :spit:

Anyways, it could have been worst... I think Julia will be motivated and hopefully she can get a few wins... but it's true we don't really know so we can only just wait and see.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Julia's quarter:

(3) Victoria Azarenka v Heather Watson
Casey Dellacqua v Bojana Jovanovski
Anne Keothavong v Mona Barthel
Ayumi Morita v (32) Petra Cetkovska

(19) Flavia Pennetta v Qualifier
Alberta Brianti v Irina Falconi
Iveta Benesova v Mathilde Johansson
Aravane Rezai v (16) Shuai Peng

(10) Francesca Schiavone v Laura Pous-Tio
Anastasiya Yakimova v Romina Oprandi
Kimiko Date-Krumm v Eleni Daniilidou
Polona Hercog v (22) Julia Goerges

(28) Yanina Wickmayer v Galina Voskoboeva
Tsvetana Pironkova v Sania Mirza
Qualifier v Simona Halep
Bethanie Mattek-Sands v (8) Agnieszka Radwanska

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
juliagoerges: friend of mine.Polona Hercog.Doubles not out yet.was supposed to play with @andreapetkovic and now playing with kanepi....
------------------------
juliagoerges: had a good practice day,dried the courts and we had a great practice session+some fitness.massage+relaxing now.draw came out playing a good
------------------------
juliagoerges: had my first hit today on margaret court arena.was great feeling better.hope i can keep improving everyday.doing some media today+massage;)
Her twitter comments make me confident that she will not withdraw. :yeah:
Digged out another famous double partner with Kanepi.:)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Polona is a tricky opponent. However, she doesn't seem to be in good shape so far this year. If Julia's recovery continues to progress well then she's the favourite, no doubt about it. The question is how she will deal with her fatigue. Let's just hope she wins this match in straight sets.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I think a lot comes down to how fit Julia really is. It is a decent draw and as long as she's feeling better I see her making the third round again

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Her twitter comments make me confident that she will not withdraw. :yeah:
Digged out another famous double partner with Kanepi.:)
:lol: I'm not worried about Julia's health, she'll be alright :yeah: -- I'm more worried about her level of play, her preparation for the AO wasn't really what I'd call the most efficient out there, only 2 1/2 singles match in which only 1 (against Greta) could be considered positive or worth-full...

As for the doubles I would have loved a partnership with Flavia again but Kaia should be fun. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
absolutely agree, Hercog is a player you don´t know what to expect from and as you said Julia lost to her on clay in Maribor last year in Fed Cup if I remember well but as we know clay is Polona´s best surface... I am really looking forward to that match and wondering how Julia will deal with her form, health, opponent etc. hopefully she won´t lose in first round because I feel she can reach third round at least and defend all the points and try her best to beat Schiavone... we´ll see but I would love to enjoy this year´s Australian Open with this way...

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
Well,she couldn´t ask for a better draw until r3 IMO,her matches are so winnable as long as she stays healthy and focused...but since we can´t know what´s going to happen,I´m going to say I´m positive she can reach r3,but once again,there you have that there´s a risk she may lose earlier...Either way,GL,and we´ll see what happens...But better stay positive,of course

·
Registered
29 Posts
By taking a view on the first two weeks of the year I´m afraid I should put a bet on Hercog (coz I need some money...) - in spite of that: good luck Julia,3rd round is possible

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
By taking a view on the first two weeks of the year I´m afraid I should put a bet on Hercog (coz I need some money...) - in spite of that: good luck Julia,3rd round is possible
you should never bet against your fav, no matter what ;)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Julia playing on court 7 on Monday and there is no coverage! what a shame! :fiery: so I doubt German Eurosport will get any coverage for this match :(

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Julia playing on court 7 on Monday and there is no coverage! what a shame! :fiery: so I doubt German Eurosport will get any coverage for this match :(
:facepalm: Court 7 is not streamed? Already looking forward to staring at the live scoreboard in the middle of the night..

1 - 20 of 229 Posts