Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I dunno, sometimes I think Kim is a bit slow, a bit like a dim puppy.
The decision to replace Justine with Serena though is ridic. I didn't know Serena was from Belgium or had any ties to the country.

Poor Justine, just can't catch a break this season. The most depressing thing is that it will be harder for her next season with the rankings and draws. She can't afford another transition period.

·
Banned
271 Posts
What a phony. I have tried to like her, because she is not Serena, but I can't any more.

:fiery::fiery::fiery:
How anyone can like KC is beyond me. Another dime in a dozen one dimensional baseliner. She isn't a bad player, but she is so forgettable and boring.

As far as her comments go, Clijsters was always upset that she's really a second rate player compare to JH, who is one of the greatest of this generation, so the failure to acknowledge that her win was solely due to JH falling is hardly surprising.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I know Ju doesn't believe in God but she's gotta start praying because it's as if somebody put a hex on her.lol

Right now, I'd be content if she comes back healthy and is able to challenge. She must come back...she must bit even entertain the idea of retirement just yet.

What a freakish injury!!
I didnt know this, when did she say this? as a matter of fact, I really have no clue regarding her religion or lack of.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I though she did believe in God? Could be easily wrong though.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I dunno, sometimes I think Kim is a bit slow, a bit like a dim puppy.
The decision to replace Justine with Serena though is ridic. I didn't know Serena was from Belgium or had any ties to the country.

Poor Justine, just can't catch a break this season. The most depressing thing is that it will be harder for her next season with the rankings and draws. She can't afford another transition period.
I think Kim's a people pleasing type - she wants approval from people and, when she gets it, she's lovely to everyone, when she doesn't get it, she can be mean. In Enneagram personality terms, a type 2 - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeTwo.asp

Justine's clearly a type 4, though, in that system - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeFour.asp

Me, I'm a type 5 who tends not to get along at all well with type 2s - hate people who are martyrish and constantly demand attention - and always seem to have strong feelings of admiration for type 4s. Hmmm, how does this fit with my feelings towards these players..

Anyway, they should have replaced Justine with Yanina or even someone like Sabine Appelmans. Even though I'm sad about Justine's injury, there's a large part of me that is relieved that she was injured against Kim, she didn't lose that match when healthy for no good reason.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think Kim's a people pleasing type - she wants approval from people and, when she gets it, she's lovely to everyone, when she doesn't get it, she can be mean. In Enneagram personality terms, a type 2 - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeTwo.asp

Justine's clearly a type 4, though, in that system - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeFour.asp

Me, I'm a type 5 who tends not to get along at all well with type 2s - hate people who are martyrish and constantly demand attention - and always seem to have strong feelings of admiration for type 4s. Hmmm, how does this fit with my feelings towards these players..

Anyway, they should have replaced Justine with Yanina or even someone like Sabine Appelmans. Even though I'm sad about Justine's injury, there's a large part of me that is relieved that she was injured against Kim, she didn't lose that match when healthy for no good reason.
FOURS - insistent individualist: everything must be done on her own, in her own way, on her own terms. :cool: so true

Fours are in the same predicament. As long as they believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with them, they cannot allow themselves to experience or enjoy their many good qualities. To acknowledge their good qualities would be to lose their sense of identity (as a suffering victim) and to be without a relatively consistent personal identity (their Basic Fear). -just how Justine keeps on wanting to improve every part of her game and not just focus on her strengths :p

I'm seven, I should get along with fives and fours too ayt :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
guys, just something spooky about ju playing kim. 3 times ju played kim, each time picked up an injury.

Brisbane - thigh injury
Miami - hip
Wimby - elbow
Fed cup - finger. eventhough not technically playing her, they were together.

i hope they will not be bundled together anymore in lifetime.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
:sad::sad:
no hardseason, not top 10, maybe not top 20...:tears:
she is so unlucky, so 2011 will be with a lot of luck:confused:..
Juju:sad:
She will be #13 after Wimbledon. She has no points to defend in the next months.
Even when she's out for the US tour swing, a couple of good tournaments in the fall will allow her to reach the top 10. Maybe even top 8 = so she'll have a better draw come Australian Open in Jan 2011.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hmmm...this Enneagram Type is really a fascinating read :cool: I'm learning so much why I really like Justine :wavey: thank you saki

Fours sense both sides of their potentially conflicting natures, and they suffer intensely or are ecstatic because of them. This is why, at their best, healthy Fours create something which can move others deeply because they have been able to get in touch with the hidden depths of human nature by delving deeply into their own. By doing so, they transcend themselves, and are able to discover something universal about human nature, fusing personal conflicts and divergent feelings into art.

About hardcourt season: i really hope she'll play the tournaments in Asia :D which is like 3 months from now :sobbing:

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Joshum, that is one scary fact if it were that straightforward. But in Miami she was already injured when she faced KC. Not sure about Brisbane. I'm telling you, it is almost as if someone put a hex on Ju.

Kiwi et al, I remembered one interview where Ju mentioned Carlos believing in God etc but not her. I can't remember where I'd go to find that interview. Maybe somebody else would remember.

KC is a people pleaser but not a Ju pleaser.

I know Ju may feel most terrible about missing the best of Belgium clash. She may feel she let them down.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
first, not sure if she will play in the fall. i think 2 months recovery is minimum. definitely needs to train and retrain (hopefully she will do some fitness training these 2 months, but vacation is also good to just release some stress).

what i am really not sure is how she is taking it, her statement has been as-a-matter-of-fact, and it doesn't reveal how she feels. it must be a huge blow. would she be thinking:

1.things seem to get positive and now this happened?
has she made a mistake coming back sine it's all been disappointment?
2.is her body capable of playing high level tennis anymore?
3.is the chance getting smaller?
4.so sad that she may call it quit after 2 months of rest?
5.can she get stronger and tougher because of this injury?
6.will she fight even harder to prepare for next year because of this year's adversities?
7.or she will rethink if all these accidents are truly worth it?

second, if she enters any tourney, probably take a bit of time to get into form again after injury. and so far with the luck this year, it will be a miracle to get a good draw and go far. getting into top 8 or 10 is a stretch i think. tough luck.

best is to get into US open there and obtain some ranking points, but that's not going to happen. afterwards, they are smaller tourneys with less points but with huge number of good players in the draws. she had so mnay opportunities in the slams this year. sigh...i thought she may just win one this year, that will be a good start. and now my thought is lingering on if she will ever win one in her comeback. i really want her to, but it's not in our hands.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Tokyo, Beijing, Bali offer a great amount of points. As long as she recuperates, she will be fine.
I think playing Bali would be a great idea. She shouldn't care that it is a lower tier YEC, she'll get to play many good players she should beat. Maybe even Sharpie will come, for the cash at least. I am sure the matches will do her confidence good for next season.

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
Wow this sucks,simple and plain :eek: :eek:

Why Justine has been so unlucky with injuries this year?! Why,why,why?! :sobbing:

God,let her be fine ASAP.I wish her a speedy recovery.PLEASE!!

So now that she will miss a huge part of the season,do you guys think she will be in Doha at the end of the year?To me,it´s certainly possible.But she may has to play some more tournaments during the autumn that the planned at first :p

·
22,385 Posts
I think playing Bali would be a great idea. She shouldn't care that it is a lower tier YEC, she'll get to play many good players she should beat. Maybe even Sharpie will come, for the cash at least. I am sure the matches will do her confidence good for next season.
Would be funny see her in Bali :p but I prefer her in the Big YEC,of course

·
22,385 Posts
Oh will Serena really play that exh? :happy:

Let me be doubt it...But I also think she has few reasons:money and revenge against KC.We will see

·
22,385 Posts

Thank you,that´s very interesting :)

Reading the type 4,I feel I am reading myself :lol:

May sound dumb or stupid but I have always felt that I am a bit like Ju,only that I don´t win GS and don´t play tennis as good as her :p.Maybe this is the reason why she is my favourite player for like ever :happy:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Actually I was thinking about this and Justine was only scheduled to play Montreal (although looked at the Calendar and it says Toronto?) which would have been held on the 16th August. Not sure she would have played a second tourny and then it would have been the US Open. So would she really have missed that much.

She can still keep fit but won't be able to hit a ball. But this gives her a chance to work on her conditioning which we all know is not where it should be with her new team. Also, this will give her time to reassess where her game is, what needs adjusting, tactics used etc. The break might have come at the right time for her.

Also, we don't know if she will definitely be out for 2 months. I understand she is going to see the doctor in a month's time to see how it is progressing so if things go well maybe it won't be as long as feared (fingers crossed, touch wood).

So let's all keep positive, although I know it's hard.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh will Serena really play that exh? :happy:

Let me be doubt it...But I also think she has few reasons:money and revenge against KC.We will see
I read in the papers today that she maybe getting close to one million dollars for it so I would guess she would play unless she is holding out for more! After all they are desperate for her to play now so she can practically hold them to ransom.

·
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom
3,781 Posts
I think we will be luck if Justine makes the top ten and at least qualifies for the season ending championship

41 - 60 of 82 Posts