Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
Yeah, mentaly speaking the blisters thing was well played from Henin!

Reactions: fleemke³

·
Registered
13,758 Posts
justine the " cheating " queen :p

and it could have easily been kim vs elena today :)

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
fleemke² said:
@come-on-kim :lol:
Kim said exactly the same than me!! That's normal like we say in French (here translate in english) "The big spirit are meeting"!

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
4,852 Posts
Number1Kim said:
Well done Justine! I am going to convince myself that Kim is just ensuring that she does not peak too early as I feel great things are in store for her over the next month or so!
So a title and a final is not peaking? hmmmm, she better holds this form till after the US open.

Well done Justine!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Come-on-kim said:
Kim said exactly the same than me!! That's normal like we say in French (here translate in english) "The big spirit are meeting"!

Wel it would be better if she did it at the end of set 1 becaus Justine was playing better and maybe would have taken that set :eek: :rolleyes: no, she waited till the end of the set ... mmm how nice!

btw: it's 'great minds think alike' ;)

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
fleemke² said:
Wel it would be better if she did it at the end of set 1 becaus Justine was playing better and maybe would have taken that set :eek: :rolleyes: no, she waited till the end of the set ... mmm how nice!

btw: it's 'great minds think alike' ;)
Gnagna ;)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
What an excellent final. I saw something from Kim that I've rarely seen. In the first when she was owning Justine for the first few games, she was taking the ball extremely early. I've only seen a small handful players hit the ball so early with Serena being one of them. She was practically taking the ball right off the ground. Not only does that take extremely good timing, but you have to have precision on your shots since there is little chance for error. The thing about it is that Justine's timing was thrown off because she didn't realize how fast and early the ball was coming back to her. I wish I had it on tape, but my tape didn't tape right. If she could have played like that the entire match, she would have destroyed Justine. In fact, if she can play with that amount of intensity, confidence, and precision, she would crush anyone.

I don't know what happened, though, she seemed to just really get unsure of herself and her play and she just allowed Justine to get back in it. Kim needs to be more mentally tough and she can really dominate. Good job to Justine for staying confident, though. She seemed to have gotten in a zone whereby she felt she was gonna beat Kim no matter what. I think the blisters break had no effect on Kim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.