Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to judging panel ladies!

You all have made it so far, we've gone from L.A to Agra India. We've gone from having 16 girls to now only having 8. But after panel, we'll only have 7 girls left. The girl who does not make it through judging challenge will be sent home immediately. So this week, you girls had a pop quiz on India. And the winner was Amanda, so congratulations to Amanda who also recieved immunity from elimination this week. Also, you and Katarzyna will get to go on a special dinner date with Janice after panel, we're all looking towards that I'm sure.

You girls recieved a judging challenge and the results will be shown after we view your pictures. As you know we have a wild panel of judges, fashion icon, Paulina Porizkova, hunky photographer, Nigel Barker, runway queen bee, Miss Jay Alexander, and of Janice Dickinson, the world's oldest super model. We have a bundle of great prizes for the winner of the competition, a spread in the non-tennis section, $10,000 (paid in units :p) prize and the title of TennisForum's Top Model.

This week we asked you girls to inspire us into seeing why you should be TennisForum's Top Model. Inspire us.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay girls...

We'll do judging challenge first.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amanda, you weren't asked to do this week's judging challenge because you have immunity already.

And the winner of this week's judging challenge will recieve immunity from elimination as well. This will be the last immunity challenge in the competition. From next week on, winning the challenges just wont be enough. You'll have to use everything you've got to get to the top.

So Janice and myself sat down with each one of you girls and asked a series of questions. The girl that we felt answered the questions with the most heart and desire to win shall be granted a chance to compete one more week. We'll take a short look at some of your answers and then I'll announce the winner.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Janice: Who do you think should go home?
Jenah: Im going to have to say Renee. She a nice girl that you can have a laugh with but I think that you need more if you want to make it in this industry. None of her photos or challange performances have been great or outstanding so for me it begs the question does she have what it takes? I feel like shes coasted a bit and some of her antics in the house shows she cares more about the publicity the competition could bring than developing what we are taught into a succesful modelling career.

Norelle: This will sound quite controversial but I'm going to say Joanie. She is nice enough, but I have my doubts about her. The other day in confessional, as I was listing what I felt would be the elimination order I forgot about her. Her photos are all undoubtedly amazing but I don't feel she has the personality to last on this show. Reflecting back on former weeks, I can't really remember any of her pictures whilst I can remember several of everyone elses. Also she comes across at times as quite bitchy and arrogant. She is a great model and she knows it. Maybe it's just me misreading confidence for over confidence.

Katarzyna: Renee. There are some other girls who have taken weaker pictures but I feel like each week Renee just coasts through. Her pictures are nice but never out of the park and I just feel like she doesn't have enough passion for this industry, based on what she puts out each week in the photos and challenges.

Bre: Renee. She is so boring and can't deliver. She is always just there, only just surviving. Did she ever take a good photo? + She should focus on being a mom. What is she? Like 40?

Renee: I have never been secretive about it, Bre. She is just not a good model, cause she is:
a: not pretty
b: not special
So how can she be a model? She simply can't.

Joanie: Bre. I know I've said it before and later I've been keeping quieter about it, not wanting to sound like a broken record but some of her pictures have been awful and she may be improving but she's still lagging behind the pack.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tyra: Who do you think is your toughest competition?
Jenah: I would say Joanie. Shes very consistent near the top of the competition, shes sent in some beautiful photos that could rival the girls of today but most of all I think its her dedicatation. I think if you want to be a top model then you will always feel rejection at one point and need to pick yourself up again and stay dedicated in order to get to the highest level. I think Joanie is ready to tackle any challange, so I believe she could have a career in modelling in the future.

Norelle: I'm going to say Katarzyna. The girl can be very hit and miss at times but when she is on, she produces amazing photos which are in my opinion the best of the bunch.

Katarzyna: I believe my toughest competition is Joanie. She takes really gorgeous pictures and she's very intelligent, which usually helps her do well in the challenges. She's an all-around solid model who also has a likable personality.

Bre: Joanie. She takes great photos for sure.

Renee: Joanie, she always does well on challenges and is one of the few grls who takes good pictures
she also has quite a nice personality.

Joanie: I think Jenah is my toughest competition, maybe my only real competition. I think Jenah is the only girl who takes photos as well as I do. I know Katarzyna's near the top but I think there's a fine line that separates her from Jenah and myself. Amanda's great when she's on but she hasn't been as consistent as I thought she'd be.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tyra: Whose your favorite fashion designer and why?
Jenah: This is is hard question. I think it really depends what your looking for. I have a Louis Vittoin bag which is my prized possesion, I got it just before coming onto this competition and I take it everyhwere with me now. I think fashion though is all about individualty and standing out, making an impact on your audience and making somthing that they cant take their eyes off. I love the individualaity in Marc Jacobs work, the uniqueness in Alexander McQueens desgisn and the style of Dulce and Gabbana’s new lines. Its hard to pinpoint a favourite, I take inspiration in many different lines and hope to walk for some in the future.

Tyra: Do you think that you're the best in this competition?
Norelle: Its hard to believe that when you're not getting the highest call outs each week. I think I have my strengths in certain areas where I am the best of the group, but there are some where I am weaker than others. I actually do best the weeks where I read the brief and take my time in my photoshoot and all the weeks I've been towards the bottom have been weeks when I thought of one picture straight away, used that and didn't give much thought to the shoot itself or read the brief itself. Part of this was because I was worried that if I left it, I'd forget about it. I am one of those people who has to everything done early otherwise I panic. However, I've realised now that you (Tyra) see something in me to keep me here as long as you have and over other great girls and I now am taking my time in my photoshoot because I really don't want to let you down.

Tyra: Do you think that you're the best in this competition?
Katarzyna: Yes I do. I think I'm the best because I don't think anyone else in this competition has as much passion for this as I do. I take good pictures and I have a strong walk, but most all of these girls do too. That's why there is much more to it. I know it's not all just about pictures or personality, it's the whole package and the desire. I eat, live, and breathe this industry and when my modeling career is over, I still plan to be a part of fashion, whether it be designing or being a buyer or whatever. Fashion will always be a part of my life.

Tyra: Why do you think you deserve to win this competition?
Bre: Because I have the talent of course but also because I feel like I'm fighting the best I can despite the odds being so low. I am getting critisized by the other girls but it's only my advantage. It makes me stronger while they are wasting their energy.

Janice: What kind of groups will you reach out to?
Renee: My bf had to leave me for a bit when the baby was born, and i felt like a single mom, and that life is tough, so i would like to reach out to them, let them know that being a mom at a young age, isn't hopeless, and you can still have the career you always dreamt of.

Janice: Whats your favorite aspect of modeling?
Joanie: Doing the photoshoots and seeing the results. Runway is more thrilling but the satisfaction I get from taking a great shot stays with me longer that the thrill of doing runway and obviously it's a piece of your work that you can keep forever. Runway is a moment, a feeling and a performance, even if you recorded it, the inspiration is in doing the performance, not in rewatching it. With photoshoots, it's about the end result which is something tangible that you will have to inspire you and others for a long time.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not going to show all the interviews because they are too freaking long personal. But I'll announce he winner now...

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will Jenah, Katarzyna and Norelle please step forward...

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You three were the top performers of this week's judging challenge. But only one of you can win... who will it be?

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jenah, Janice and I felt like you came up with really great answers for each question. And we think that in an interview style, you answered the questions the best.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Katarzyna, we thought that you were very logical with each question. And the deliverence of your answers was well thought out and using your skills that you've learned from previous challenges.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Norelle, I think that out of all the girls, you are the most articulate. You have a way of talking that just makes people want to talk to you more and more. You answered your questions very well but the thing that stuck out in my mind when asking you these questions was that we got to see more of your personality come through.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was a hard decision but we can only have one winner. And the winner of this judging challenge will win the last immunity in this competition and be safe from elimination tonight.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All three of you performed amazingly. Showing us each different sides to you and different strengths. But we felt there was one girl who ruled all 3.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We'll Jenah and Katarzyna please take a step forward.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You two competed great this week but I'm sorry to say that neither of you are the winner. Which means this week's judging challenge winner and winner of the last immunity is Norelle.

Norelle, your sparkling personality and articulate answers helped you win this challenge. Congratulations, you'll be in week nine along with Amanda. Katarzyna, Jenah you girls did amazing but we could only choose one winner. Good luck in judging panel tonight.

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Joanie:

Danielle:

Amanda:

Norelle:

Jenah:

Katarzyna:

Bre:

Renee: