·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
C'mon Lindsay:bounce:

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's the #2 seed...meaning she wouldn't face Kim until the finals. I know this sounds mean, but I'm hoping Chanda Rubin knocks Kim out in the semis, and faces Lindsay in the re-match final.

GO LINDSAY GO!

·
Registered
589 Posts
:bounce:

·
3,053 Posts
Go Lindsay:)

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys...I have a few things I was wondering about:

1-Does Lindsay's hubby come to the events to watch her?

2-Lindsay will either be seeded 3 or 4 at the US Open. Which side do you want her on? Henin or Kim's?

·
3,053 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
Hey guys...I have a few things I was wondering about:

1-Does Lindsay's hubby come to the events to watch her?

2-Lindsay will either be seeded 3 or 4 at the US Open. Which side do you want her on? Henin or Kim's?

Jon doesn't go to many of her matches as he is busy with work & can't get time off.

I would prefer Lindsay to be on Henin side, as I believe the hard court & home crowd will be to Lindsay advantage. Having said that if someone could knock Kim out early on it would be to Lindsay's advantage.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lindsay will face Barbara Schett in the 2nd Round!

Lindsay leads Schett 6-0; 3-0 on hard courts!
1996-09-30 Leipzig Indoor Carpet R32 Lindsay Davenport (USA) 6-4 7-5
1999-06-21 Wimbledon Grass R16 Lindsay Davenport (USA) 7-6(7) 6-1
2000-10-09 Zurich Indoor Hardcourt SF Lindsay Davenport (USA) 6-2 6-1
2000-10-16 Linz Indoor Carpet QF Lindsay Davenport (USA) 6-2 4-1 ret
2001-01-08 Sydney Hardcourt R16 Lindsay Davenport (USA) 6-3 6-3
2001-07-30 San Diego Hardcourt R16 Lindsay Davenport (USA) 6-1 7-5

·
Registered
589 Posts
COME ON LINDSAY!!! :):bounce:

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Great pics of Lindsay.

I would want Lindsay to be on Henin's side of the draw at the US open and I have to say I would wish for Chanda to knock Kim out (and I know thats not being very nice) so sorry to Kim.

Go Lindsay
:worship:

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Hi Gang, sorry I haven't been about for a few days - I've got a project on. I'm decorating the junk room (well planning to) so I can use it as an "office" - well, it will be my internet room really. It's going to have a tennis theme because I have bought a Wimbledon Champions of the '90's art print ('cos Lindsay is on it), which I've had framed, as well as a Lindsay poster (That I have also framed), and I'm being creative as I have printed off all the World Team Tennis logos which I am arranging in a frame and finally I have bought a world map that I will be using as a tool to follow where the WTA is in the world as well as keeping track of where Lindsay is playing. I always wanted to do that, so when I saw the poster map I just had to by it.

Anyway, in answer to the Q's earlier. Jon does see some of Lindsay's matches when she is close to home (like the next couple of weeks) he was their during her semi final vs Kim (which is probably why she didn't win LOL ;)) The BritEuroSport commentator said it was Lindsay's coach but it was actually Jon and Adam Patterson (coach) was sitting on one side of Jon and Ann on the other.

I would like Lindsay to be on Justines half of the draw, because I stille think Lindsay has a shot against her and the further into the tournamant Kim gets the more likely she is to get nervous (let's face it, she has a track record of failing to win what look to be easy wins) and Lindsay can take advantage of that.

Lindsay has a great draw this week! She plays Barbara Schett first match of the evening at 7.30pm, for those in the UK that will be around 3.30am (about 4.30am CET). I might wake up early to watch the score board!

GO Lindsay!!!!!!

-Rachel :bounce:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I haven't been able to find that pic of Wimbledon 90s :( I knew I had it somewhere, but i can't find it in the pc. You know I haven't yet figured out where Lindsay IS in that picture?! I've searched her over and over. Rach, do you by any chance have it in your pc? And if not, could you tell me where the hell is Lindsay sitting/standing?

Thanks!
Joaco

1 - 20 of 61 Posts