Finals: Keys d. Halep

FIRST-ROUND MATCHES TO WATCH
Serena v. Sharapova is an all-timer.
Azarenka v. Sabalenka: The Battle of Belarus
Riske v. Muguruza: Challenging start for both players

UPSET SPECIAL
Azarenka d. Sabalenka

Also the Tennis Channel predictions

US OPEN WOMEN'S PREVIEW: IS MADISON KEYS NEXT TO LIFT A MAJOR TROPHY?

Semifinals: Halep d. Osaka; Keys d. Barty
Final: Keys d. Halep

Q1
Sleepers: Anett Kontaveit, Belinda Bencic, Donna Vekic, Kaia Kanepi
First-round matches to watch:
Aryna Sabalenka vs. Victoria Azarenka; Coco Gauff vs. Anastasia Potapova
Semifinalist: Osaka

Q2
First-round match to watch: Garbiñe Muguruza vs. Alison Riske
Potential second-round match to watch: Sloane Stephens vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova. The Russian beat the American easily in Cincinnati.
Semifinalist: Halep

Q3
Player of Interest: Sofia Kenin. The 20-year-old has been a model of consistency on all surfaces this summer. She’ll start against Coco Vandeweghe, and could face Keys in the third round.
First-round match to watch: Johanna Konta vs. Daria Kasatkina
Semifinalist: Keys

Q4
Player of Interest: Anastasia Sevastova. She didn’t win a match in Toronto or Cincy, but she loves the US Open, and made the semifinals here last year. She’ll start against Eugenie Bouchard.
First-round matches to watch:
S. Williams vs. Sharapova; Angelique Kerber vs. Kiki Mladenovic; Camila Giorgi vs. Maria Sakkari
Semifinalist: Barty

Reactions: Pris

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Halep in US Open final :spit:

I also think one SF will be Serena vs Keys.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hsieh included not in the seed report but as a dark horse among the unseeded players :spit: Does anyone at SI proofread whatever Wertheim comes up with?

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
Hsieh included not in the seed report but as a dark horse among the unseeded players :spit: Does anyone at SI proofread whatever Wertheim comes up with?
As I've said, if you're gonna do this, at least do all 32 seeds.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
I wish I had been paid for stating something like that to mislead the world about. That freak keeps on telling us that someone outsida small true supreme circle of heavenly ones like the Granny, Doper and Guest can have a lead-up and the GS of the swing? Kill yasell you butter.

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
The biggest issue is in the men's by naming Dimitrov a darkhorse despite the fact he's been crap all year. I actually agree with his men's prediction, including Kyrgios reaching the semis.

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
Picking Simona to reach the final :facepalm:

Petra pulled out of the Bronx Open five days BEFORE the article was published :facepalm:

·
La nuit je mens
87,976 Posts
Why does he call Del Potro a gold-medal guy ?
Comparing Goffin to Ferrer is a stretch too.

Also it's written after the draw but he congratulates Kvitova for taking a WC in Bronx ? :confused:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The whole Petra-Bronx debacle in this article just shows that most of the seeds report is written one week in advance and then Wertheim only writes the predictions once the draw comes out.

I just love how he always handpicks one player from the 11-20 range and call it "the best player you never saw".

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
I wish I had been paid for stating something like that to mislead the world about. That freak keeps on telling us that someone outsida small true supreme circle of heavenly ones like the Granny, Doper and Guest can have a lead-up and the GS of the swing? Kill yasell you butter.
I thought there was lots of jobs for that in Russia? ;)

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
This guy is so predictable. He just picks the winner of the last big warmup event.

Reactions: networthy

·
Registered
23,254 Posts
i wouldn't mind maddy in a final again and winning it this time.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts