Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was on and giving Dennis a quick update on Wimbledon: Roddick, Federer, the women's semis. Dennis called Sharapova the next evolution of Anna because "she can actually play". John paused, and then bascially said that Anna was an excellent player in her time, Wimbledon Semifinalist at 16, and that people were just jealous of her because she is beautiful and made a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Yes, I think J-Mac has a sweet spot for Anna and actually realizes she's a talent.

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
he always jumps to that girls rescue. Its good to see because no one ever gives her enough credit.

People forget that Nadia Petrova, who just a year ago was all the rage, has not won a title either. And Anna made more finals, more scalps, and achieved way more in the same time frame.

Its really not fair

·
Registered
366 Posts
disposablehero said:
He was on and giving Dennis a quick update on Wimbledon: Roddick, Federer, the women's semis. Dennis called Sharapova the next evolution of Anna because "she can actually play". John paused, and then bascially said that Anna was an excellent player in her time, Wimbledon Semifinalist at 16, and that people were just jealous of her because she is beautiful and made a lot of money.
Nice to hear that about McEnroe, but he changed his mind obviously. At the time AnnaK was an active player, he used to make pretty degrading statements about her (that's what others reported about him right here on messageboard).

Anyway, nice to see you again over here, disposablehero. It's been a while since I saw a post by you. We are with you waiting for Kim ... and Justine ... and Martina ... ... ... and Anna. ...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Vijay Amritraj is also quick to be in defense of Anna. A commentator was joking about Anna's 1st round losses, so he got a sermon of Anna's previous achievements.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Anna will always be at the butt of people's jokes. cuz i doubt she's gonna come back and show people that she is a talent and she can actually play and she can win titles.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
He's right and it's a shame that Anna is no longer on the tour and I wonder if she will ever be back.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
...there are plenty of other players who achieved as much or more than Sideshow Anna did, and we don't have to put up with with constantly being reminded how great they were... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts