Tennis Forum banner

3821 - 3840 of 3854 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That's terrific. I remember 2-3 years back, when Jo had a reputation for being a workaholic and over thinking things, Navratilova said on BBC that Jo should loosen up and party more. I guess the events you mention only represent a few off duty hours, mostly evenings and weekends but even so, managed doses of R&R are a positive for Jo's mindset. Actually, I thought she looked in amazingly good spirits in those doubles matches with Caroline Garcia?

I also think her followers like regular postings, so good all round! When's the Bake-Off, does anybody know?
Just noticed the Great Celebrity Bake-Off dates have been announced and Jo is on episode 3 on Tuesday 24th March at 8.00 pm on Channel 4.

·
Registered
11,375 Posts
Konta reached the SF of WTA Monterrey last night.

Defeated Potapova 6-7 6-3 7-6 in the QF

Best I've seen her play in a while, was hitting the backhand/forehand consistently well. especially 3rd set. Was a bit windy but served quite well, using nice angles.

Bouzkova is one of these new up and comers I've not really been able to work out so far.

Doesn't really possess any big weapons but counter punches really well and puts the ball in awkward spots of the court.

There has been a fragility to Konta’s game for a while, always felt like she would be the first to crack in any extended rallies or offence radar wildly off... Hopefully this weeks run can stand her in good stead for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
What is 'cameo videoing'?

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
So someone can pay Jo (or whoever) to make a video message speficially for them?

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
What's Cameo? (sorry for all the questions - maybe there's a website you could direct me to).

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Thanks. Jo's rate is pretty low $30. 😀 Sloane's is $130 but Marin Cilic is only $55. It's not something I would have any interest in but I can see it's a bit of fun and would be great to get a personal message if you were young and a big of fan of someone.

Good that Jo and Marin are giving the fee to charity. None of the other 'talent' I looked at said they were. Although I hadn't heard of any of the 'talent' on there, excpet for the tennis players, some of them must be very wealthy so you wouldn't think they would want to spend time doing this just of a few dollars.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Jo is featured in the "My Life in Travel " interview with Nick McGrath in the Sunday Telegraph 26th April. Jo did an earlier piece in the "Travelling life " column in the Daily Telegraph in May 2017 with a different interviewer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jo is "opening up" all over the place. Bake Off, her own podcast on The Johanna Konta Podcast , a 1hr appearance on the Phelps twin's "Double Trouble" podcast on YouTube DOUBLE TROUBLE S2 E1 , a 15 minute interview on Sky sports, the virtual Madrid Open... Is this just lockdown boredom or a prelude to retirement?

Have to say, Jo sounds very professional on "The Johanna Konta podcast" with an impressive list of guests too.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Jo is "opening up" all over the place. Bake Off, her own podcast on The Johanna Konta Podcast , a 1hr appearance on the Phelps twin's "Double Trouble" podcast on YouTube DOUBLE TROUBLE S2 E1 , a 15 minute interview on Sky sports, the virtual Madrid Open... Is this just lockdown boredom or a prelude to retirement?

Have to say, Jo sounds very professional on "The Johanna Konta podcast" with an impressive list of guests too.
Have just listened to Jo's podcast and would agree with your comment about sounding professional. Definitely better than some of what you get on the BBC. I don't know about a prelude to retirement but the tennis players are in a position where they can't practice their sport. About the best they manage is a do it yourself gym. Who knows when tennis will return for a sport which requires travelling round the world more than most?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Jo is featured in the Daily Mail's Weekend Supplement on Saturday 9th May. She is in the lounge of her flat showing off items of significance to her in the My Haven article. . There is an online link with the Daily Mail which you can find if you google Johanna Konta..

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Jo has just released her 2nd podcast which is an interview with Claire Williams of F1. . It is split into 2 parts and lasts just over an hour.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

Well Jo is still" opening up " all over the place. In the last week she has released her 2nd podcast and is now being paid to promote a brand of coffee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wimbledon 2017 Konta v Vekic replay on Wimbledon.com "The Greatest Championship" available at 11.00 today (1st July)

3821 - 3840 of 3854 Posts