Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3854 Posts

·
Registered
48,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Johanna Konta !!

This girl is amazing. She is playing Mostar 10k this week and is doing pretty well, defeated 2 Serbian promising players easily.

She is in the semi final now.

QR1 Johanna KONTA AUS vs bye
QR2 Johanna KONTA AUS d. Ema POLIC SRB 62 60 :bolt:
QR3 Johanna KONTA AUS d. Nives PAVLOVIC SRB 61 60
R1 (6) Tamara STOJKOVIC CRO vs q Johanna KONTA AUS 57 16
R2 q Johanna KONTA AUS d. Zorica PETROV SRB 61 63 :bolt:
QF q Johanna KONTA AUS d. Anja PRISLAN SLO 64 61

Birth Date 17/05/1991
Birth Place Sydney, Australia
Residence London, Great Britain
Nationality Australia
Height 1.81m
Weight 64kg
Plays Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)

She is unranked !!!

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Re: Johanna Konta !!

Thanks for this Just Do It, but I started a Johanna Konta thread last year...unfortunately, she has decided to represent Great Britain so we deleted the thread...the ITF and WTA are yet to recognise her as a British citizen, but it's only a matter of time :sad:

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

she will be a brit :rocker2:,,, loving the new talent we have:D

·
Registered
48,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Johanna KONTA (AUS) defeated Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) (7) 6-1 6-1

She's in the final. Impressive.

Since Johanna is still playing under Australian flag this thread should stay for now.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts

Jelena was going to play for them at some stage so too so better for them to take Johanna off us then Jelena! I would laugh when they find out that Anne Keothavong wants to become an Aussie!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

She might have a last minute change of heart like that Cyprus dude. Hopefully she stays Aussie otherwise i couldnt care less about how her future turns out.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts

She might have a last minute change of heart like that Cyprus dude. Hopefully she stays Aussie otherwise i couldnt care less about how her future turns out.
Well said and I agree with you 100 percent! She has my support always when those three golden letters appear but without those...................who gives!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

^^ Well, then you are not a true tennis fans.
Its got nothing to do with that. I dont know anything about her. If she changed to GBR she would just be some British junior to me. I support every single Aussie girl and want them to be the best they can be but if she changed she wouldnt be one so why would i continue to support her if i dont know anything about her?

*gestures rude finger at u for trying to be a hard arse*

·
Registered
48,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Its got nothing to do with that. I dont know anything about her. If she changed to GBR she would just be some British junior to me. I support every single Aussie girl and want them to be the best they can be but if she changed she wouldnt be one so why would i continue to support her if i dont know anything about her?

*gestures rude finger at u for trying to be a hard arse*
Okay I understand that, but have to ask you and scottsue one more question, would you stop supporting Dokic if she would start representing other country ?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

Okay I understand that, but have to ask you and scottsue one more question, would you stop supporting Dokic if she would start representing other country ?
The difference between Dokic and Konta is i know nothing about Konta, whereas i have watched Dokic news and results for years. To answer that question though, i would lose ALOT of respect for Dokic for screwing Australia around the way she has (if she switched natio's). I wouldnt care as much about how her career turns out because she wouldnt be an Aussie and i wouldn't browse through all her forums finding out gossip because i wouldnt care moreover i wouldnt like her for using us and then wiping us away like a dirty arse.

·
Registered
48,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

^ So, the answer is no. And it shows you are not a real Jelena Dokic fan. All Australians stopped supporting Jelena when she switched to Serbia in 2001, and then started supporting her again in 2006, that is pretty lame. I am still her huge ( the biggest ) fan,even though she plays for Australia, and I do not have anything to do with Australia. It just shows I am a fan of Jelena Dokic, not of Australia, Serbia or whatever.

Anyway this discussion is completely unnecessary.

1 - 20 of 3854 Posts