Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know how you compare the wilson triad 2, to the i.x16 chipsystem from head. i'm currently demoing the triad 2 and like it a fair bit but i also want to try the head racquet but it isn't out here yet (at least not in the shop i go to and it's th only place i know of that lets you demo).

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Triad:
A little heavier, a little more head heavy also. This is going to make it less manuverable at the net, though truth be told, neither is really good at the net. Neither is going to give you much control because they're both so powerful.

i.X16:
A little more power because of the Intellifibers, swings a little easier.

I don't know what level your game is at, but with either of these bats, you'll outgrow them as your game improves. You will find that you will not be able to keep the ball in the court. Were I you, I would take a look at the Wilson ProStaff Surge X and see how that feels. You should be able to grow with that thing, and play with it for a longer time.

Lastly, another to consider is the Babolat Pure Drive OS. It's just coming out, and though a bit heavier, it's still pretty light. I'm hearing nothing but good things about it, and it's supposed to have amazing pop, but somehow they managed to keep a lot of control in it.

Hope that answers your questions.

..Joe

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep thanks, your great for all the racquet questions.

i'm 18 just started at the start of this year and my coach wants me to play some b or c grade tournaments near the end of the year so i guess i'm improving quite a bit. my coach said the triad 2 was a pretty good stick he even said he could use it. i found that it's a lot easier to put topspin on with this stick than others i've tried like the hyper hammer 2.7 and the i.x6. i haven't had to much trouble with control. i tried the i.tour the other day and it was to heavier as it effected my swing on my backhand way to much. i have tried the babolat pure drive but didn't like it.

but you've certainly helped me not only with this question but a few others i've asked.

thanks for all the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts