Tennis Forum banner
3501 - 3520 of 3520 Posts

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
194,226 Posts
Hi, I am OK again, it was a bad cold, but ended after 4-5 days, med hoste, here kids are send home from schouls early, and the Goverment prefer firms to cancel Julefrokoster, christmas party firms hold shall be cancelled. :eek:
I has cancelled goto a party tonight, and just stays alone home. :)

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
194,226 Posts
I am OK, but the Govement here say we all shall be at home in this Chrismas time if possible, so first New Years evening I will visit my family, who live near by, workers who can, shall work at home and kids are as said on a early vacation... we will see what happen after 17th January, where new desitions will be made... but it mainly the same in many countries here, if we will visit Sweden, we need Corona-pass...

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
194,226 Posts
Hi, whats you thinking about Denmark? On Tuesday we declare Covid 19 as over here! No more masks or Coronapass are needed. And
we can next week reach up to 150.000 positiv cases every day!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,510 · (Edited)
Hi, whats you thinking about Denmark? On Tuesday we declare Covid 19 as over here! No more masks or Coronapass are needed. And
we can next week reach up to 150.000 positiv cases every day!
Hi!

It's crazy how differently every country is handling COVID now. I was recently in Spain and was surprised that while they are pretty lenient at letting people into the country, they "require" wearing a mask even outdoors on the street.

Nobody knows what the best policy is I guess 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
19,331 Posts
For most of 2021 Denmark was sequencing all of their positive PCR tests. It means they have been able to correlate hospitalisation and death numbers with the various versions (delta, omicron, etc.) and deduce how dangerous they are. In late Nov when the omicron version first appeared, the number of positive tests went through the roof. (This was when the sequencing labs hit their max capacity at 20k tests/day). But there was no increase at all in the number of people needing hospitalisation, and within a month the omicron version had taken over 99% of the "market share" from delta.
So that's the wordy way of saying the danish data strongly suggests omicron is "not that bad" relative to the other versions.

Anecdotally I can add that the kid got covid (omicron) late last week, from school presumably, and on a scale from 0-10 (10 being a bad cold), he was 1.5 sick for half a day. That was it, thankfully. But he was officially a biohazard for 96 hrs after the positive test so he missed a week of school. For comparison, he had a non-covid cold in the autumn that was way worse. Then two days ago husband was feeling snotty, and sure enough that was covid too. He's been sent to his room. I've been getting myself tested every day, and so far I'm still negative.

Anyway, hope y'all are well. I'm hoping we get baby news from JoLa-land soon!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hi everyone, hope you've been well. We got some interesting news today: SVT hired Johanna as commentator for the ATP Stockholm tournament (Oct 17-23).

Here's the announcement, with some quotes:

Larsson's new role: SVT expert during the Stockholm Open
UPDATED YESTERDAY 04:23PUBLISHED YESTERDAY 03:50
She ended her tennis career in early 2020.
Now Johanna Larsson, 34, has found a new challenge - during the Stockholm Open she debuts as an expert on SVT.
- It will be a great challenge for me, she says.

During her active career, Johanna Larsson won 14 WTA titles in doubles and two in singles and at her best she was 45th in the world ranking.

At the age of 31, she chose to put her tennis racket on the shelf as she felt that she did not have the energy and will to continue. Since then, there hasn't been much tennis, but now it's time again.

Larsson has agreed with SVT Sport to work as an expert during the Stockholm Open, which takes place between October 15-23 in the Royal Tennis Hall. Magnus "Gusten" Gustafsson will also work as an expert for SVT Sport during the tournament.

- It will be a great challenge for me as I have not done this type of assignment before. I see this as a wonderful challenge, while at the same time I hope to contribute and make the job good and fun for the viewers.

What about the tournament are you most looking forward to?

- I love tennis and it will be extra fun to watch live tennis so close again. It is not very often that you get the chance to see such profiles in action here in Sweden.

Any name you're particularly looking forward to?

- Frances Tiafoe is really entertaining to watch. I like his attitude and sportsmanship while he has good weapons and there is always something going on when he plays. He is one of those I look forward to.

The broadcasts begin on Monday, October 17 at 1 p.m. in SVT1.

Click here for everything you need to know about the Stockholm Open in SVT.

3501 - 3520 of 3520 Posts