Tennis Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3120 Posts

·
Registered
19,188 Posts
"Serena continued to anchor the team with her power and accuracy, but it was Wozniacki’s clever lob that was critical in breaking the Larsson serve."
(...)
"Larsson’s serve was rapidly broken once more to seal the win and a semifinal against either No.3 seeds Desirae Krawczyk and Laura Siegemund or the Belgian duo of Kirsten Flipkens and Alison Van Uytvanck."

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,033
Well... I guess I'm glad I accidentally fell asleep before it started.

What kind of Marie is that again? A Reverse Marie? I can't find my reference on the new forum's search.

·
Registered
19,188 Posts
Well... I guess I'm glad I accidentally fell asleep before it started.

What kind of Marie is that again? A Reverse Marie? I can't find my reference on the new forum's search.
Hmm, not sure I remember all the alternative Marie's correctly. 🤔
But oversleeping in the morning (when there is tennis) was the original Marie.
So yours might have been a Reverse Marie. Sounds plausible, at least.
Another one is getting up early only to find out there is no tennis. Was that the Anti Marie? :p

Anyway, I don't know if I'm surprised by the result.
Wozniacki has basically never played doubles. But doubles is still tennis and she was playing with Serena.
Johanna gets her best results with regular doubles partners (Bertens, Flipkens) but can flop hard with random partners. Like in this match, I guess.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,035
Hmm, not sure I remember all the alternative Marie's correctly.
But oversleeping in the morning (when there is tennis) was the original Marie.
So yours might have been a Reverse Marie. Sounds plausible, at least.
Another one is getting up early only to find out there is no tennis. Was that the Anti Marie? :p
Yep, that sounds right. :)

Anyway, I don't know if I'm surprised by the result.
Wozniacki has basically never played doubles. But doubles is still tennis and she was playing with Serena.
Johanna gets her best results with regular doubles partners (Bertens, Flipkens) but can flop hard with random partners. Like in this match, I guess.
Yeah, I'm not too surprised. Thought maybe Serena would be rusty and Woz would be terrible, but nope.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,036
Yep, that sounds right. :)
Nope. We had them flip-flopped. I finally found the post by scrolling through our endless banter.

·
Registered
19,188 Posts
Nope. We had them flip-flopped. I finally found the post by scrolling through our endless banter.

That's dedication!

·
Registered
19,188 Posts
I was watching tennis and got bored with whichever match was on at the time. I think it was Serena vs. McHale.
In my experience it's easier* to Google e.g « site:http://tennisforum.com "anti-marie" » than using the so-called search function on this site.

*Well, provided you remember a somewhat unique word or phrase like "anti-marie" in the post(s) you're searching for. 🤓

3021 - 3040 of 3120 Posts