Tennis Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Game 295 - Stupid Intelligence
Subway Sect - Idiot Of All (16th)
Another researched song on the last day of nominations, had never heard it before. Especially liked the opening bass.

Game 296 - Red For Filth
Tonetta - Yummy Yummy Pizza (DNQ)
Garbage theme. I decided to send one of the best Tonetta songs. Strange that this catchy, humorous song didn't make it. Tonetta is back uploading songs on bandcamp and youtube, but too many sound very similar nowadays. My Bro was probably his masterpiece? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAJ6euAoUV4f6_xEm5IoJ1g/videos

Game 297 - When I Rule The World
Harumi - Fire By The River (3rd)
I think it was a youtube recommendation. I listened to the whole album, but found this to be the best. Just a beautiful song and I expected a decent finish.

Game 299 - The Sixties
Os Brazões - Tão longe de Mim (18th)
I obviously couldn't know this theme would come, or else I would have saved the Harumi song for this. I ended up sending a "generic" song from Brazil and got exactly the result I expected.

All in all I received a lot of points from Shvedbarilescu this month, also Silent Bird if I count the ones he didn't send for Tonetta. :yeah:

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
255 Herbie Hancock - Rain Dance (7th)
At first I had some completely unknown avantgarde jazz from bandcamp, but later I checked one of N.M.'s videos and liked the Hancock song. The intro alone is worth 12 points, but somehow 12 of 25 voters gave zero points...
wow, names and addresses :eek:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Game 300 - 56 WTF? 262 F*** Marry Kill 97 Hard Rock / Metal
Piero Umiliani - O' pazariello (DNQ)

I opted for the WTF category. Sounds like Piero is having fun with an Italian classic.

Game 301 - Secret Santa
Ros Sereysothea - Kom Nirk Oun Ey (4th)

Had to pick a song for Leif. His own submissions were a bit frustrating, so I was rather looking for songs based on what he voted for in the past. I had some riskier options, but sent Ros, because he gave me 12 points for my previous Ros submission. I made sure not to pick something too obvious, Ros could have been for several people.

Game 302 - Over 4m views
Robin Gibb - Juliet (DNQ)

Half trolling here for a difficult theme. I was surprised to receive points from Rebi. :D

Game 303 - Last Day of the World
She Past Away - La Maldad (12th)

A song from their 2019 album. They surprised with Spanish lyrics on this one, quite dark and maybe it fit the theme. I will probably see them in a few weeks, should be alright.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Game 304 - 2019
FAZI & Hiperson - You Turn My Face to Another Day (5th)

A new nice song from FAZI. They were the nicest surprise for me last year live. It was a nice dark concert with enjoyable bass guitar play for me. They call themselves a Chinese Post Punk/Krautrock band. The female voice in this song is from the band Hiperson (pronounced like the English words "hi" and "person").

Two other songs I would have liked to submit were not available on youtube.

This is is also quite new: Share My Eyes With You / 与你分享我的眼睛, by FAZI / 法兹

Also from the concert I remember this sounded great live: Catchy bassline with spoken word vocals and a noisy segment in between, somehow it hasn't even been released yet.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Game 305 - By The Fire
Cluster - Zum Wohl (12th)

Just a nice song that fit the theme.

Game 306 - Chaos
Einstürzende Neubauten - Haus Der Lüge (2nd)

My favourite EN song. For a more chaotic one, watch Sehnsucht:

They will be touring this year with a new album, I've never seen them before, so hopefully the setlist will be mixed.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Game 307 - Debut
Tears For Fears - Pale Shelter (10th)

Just saw that I somehow won the semifinal and dropped to 10th in the final. Didn't have anything great and discovered this as an option on youtube quite late. It's a song I would normaly not send, but give big points to. Too famous though.

Game 308 - I Can Hear Smiles
Henry Cow - Industry (15th)

I usually see and hear smiles when I listen to Cumbia, but literally no one here would like a cumbia song. I thought my selection fit the "We are looking here for music motivated by the love and joy of making music, rather than by the desire to shift units and make lots of money." criteria and it makes me smile.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Game 309 - Open
Snapline - n & N (DNQ)

A band and song I found on the Chinese label MaybeMars on bandcamp. Shou Hua, by Snapline

This song is a bit older, it has the prominent, repetitive mesmerizing bassline I enjoy in songs. The deep spoken word just adds to the enjoyment. I noticed then when he sings "in capital", the lyrics that follow are indeed written in capitals. Isn't this amazing?

out of curiosity
we trace back on the route to where the origin was
some found physics
some found philosophy
some found natural science
some found fictions
some found video games
some found poetry
some found sports
some found mystery
some found
you

pretty little creature
shinning on the background of darkness
so
stunning, stunning

to your surprise
nothing has changed ever
the whole planet has worked together to cheat you right before your eyes

why - why
you pose the question
why

why this is not spectacular
why this is not spectacular at all

because, IN CAPITAL
THIS IS HOW WE WAKE UP FROM DREAMS
THIS IS HOW WE GET ON THE BUS TO WORK
THIS IS HOW WE SQUEEZE FOR ORANGE JUICE
THIS IS HOW WE TELL THE FAIRY TALES AND BELIEVE IN THE HAPPY ENDINGS
THIS IS HOW WE READ NEWSPAPERS
THIS IS HOW WE STOP READING AT ALL
THIS IS HOW WE RAISE OUR KIDS
THIS IS HOW WE SAY LOVE
THIS IS HOW WE HATE EACH OTHER AND ATTEMPT MURDER
THIS IS HOW WE SING FOR THE TREES
THIS IS HOW WE SING FOR THE TREES
THIS IS HOW WHILE YOU POSE THE QUESTION OF WHY

THIS IS HOW WE SING FOR THE NAMELESS AND NONSENSE
THIS IS HOW WE SING FOR THE NAMELESS AND NONSENSE LIKE YOU
THIS IS HOW WE SING FOR THE NAMELESS AND NONSENSE LIKE US

this is how we write this song and sing it for you.

Game 310 - The 10s
Johnny Dowd - Betty (DNQ)

Even though I thought I would lose in the semifinal, this was probably the best chance to make a final with a Dowd song. Definitely a fun song and synth. This song is from a previous album, but I heard of him because of his 2019 tour and album Family Picnic, which was a guilty pleasure of mine and I'm still listening to it. Lots of wise words as well! Live his songs don't sound as good for me (also due to not having a full band), but still a nice show.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Game 311 - Going North
Fra Lippo Lippi - Shouldn't Have To Be Like That (8th)

Has to be their most known song from when they became more pop with their third album. I recently listened to their first two albums, because I was looking for good post punk songs, but apart from "In Silence" I found nothing I would consider submitting. In the end I liked "Shouldn't..." more and also thought the other players would like it more than the cold "In Silence".

Game 312 - Open
Cabaret Voltaire - Spread The Virus (14th)

Possibly a "shazamed" song from the past, don't remember where I heard it and rediscovered it way down on my list. I was suprised how catchy it was immediately.

Game 313 - Thirteen Tracks
Spoek Mathambo ft. Pegasus Warning - The Mountain (4th)

Literally the only eligable song from my list, never wanted to send this. Sent him once before with the trippy Joy Division cover "Control" and lost in the SF, this time I even won my semifinal. :eek: One 12 pointer didn't vote in the final, so maybe it had a chance for a surprise win.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts