Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone caught her new video?

She's more Christina then her normal self. I'm not sure what happened...but ever happened to Jewel and her guitar?

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I love her new look. Atlantic and she agreed to transform her image and she's going for a much more pop sound.

Her new video is HILARIOUS! Especially the 'JRL' spoof of TRL. I was literally holding my sides.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that there's a new shaver by schik (sp?) called 'intuition' and they showed that commercial during Divas Live. 'Intuition' is the name of Jewel's new song so during the commercial they played the instrumental. For her song to not have even charted yet, I think it's a wee bit tacky. :eek:

It's not like Jewel's a virgin or 16 years old. She's a grown, sensual woman so good for her that she's exploring a more sexy side. :)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,014 Posts
"Intuition" is made in some strange style, but from feel of it, it's crap..

I used to like a girl.. I used to be almost obsessed..:sad:.. Next thing you'll know that she sings hip-hop, rap or some other crap..

Reactions: Majo

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
oh yay. just what we needed... more shit music

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
But the song and the video, and the "new look" is to poke fun at the mainstream music and they way the pop world works

...did anyone watch Divas Duets?! What a horrible show! But Jewel looked absolutely amazing, especially in her Roberto Cavalli dress

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mrs_Guga said:
But the song and the video, and the "new look" is to poke fun at the mainstream music and they way the pop world works

...did anyone watch Divas Duets?! What a horrible show! But Jewel looked absolutely amazing, especially in her Roberto Cavalli dress
Good point Mrs. Guga. I hope her whole CD isn't like that.

I did watch Divas Duets...

Whitney: what's up with her? she can barely sing now because it sounds like she's out of breathe

Celine: I LOVE her...but I hate her hair

Jewel: She sounded great, but she doesn't know how to work the stage very well

Mary J :worship:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Beyonce oversung, Jewel sounded ok but she can't move very well, Ashitty sounds horrible as always, Whitney's voice cracked more than that which she smokes, Celine looked a hot mess, Mary blew everybody out of the water, Chaka was great as usual, Lisa Marie sung too low but her duet with Pat was cool and Queen was a good host. :D

No, she burned her guitar from what I heard about her new album. It's pop, like I said.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
I love Jewel! But haven't seen her new video yet. I've heard the song tho, it's not really like the music she used to make :sad: I hope at least the great lyrics stayed!

when does the new album come out in the us? (then I can download it ;))

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,324 Posts
OMG :( , I just downloaded the song...

what happened to jewel? :sad:

*sigh*

·
Registered
19,008 Posts
is there a reason why jewel suddenly changed from her quality music into this pop music? :eek:
is it about selling more?? coz i thought jewel was selling enough with her slow music.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Big Fat Pink Elephant said:
is there a reason why jewel suddenly changed from her quality music into this pop music? :eek:
is it about selling more?? coz i thought jewel was selling enough with her slow music.
She said she's trying something different but... This Way was such a great CD :(

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
yeah on first glance and first listen of that new song- i don't like it...i know its poking fun at mainstream, pop culture etc but in a way, she is still embracing it because thats what the song is- i could see if she poked fun with the video style but the beat of the song is 'poppy' and it doesn't go with her voice...I am not one to close 'artist' (and i used that word loosely) in a box but...i don't know, maybe a few more listens, i could like it :confused: I liked her the way she was...style of dress, i don't care but the music...i can't take anymore of this crap, cookie-cutter music- i seriously can not listen to the radio these days or watch MTV...even the supposedly rock songs :rolleyes: Has anyone heard the new Blu Cantrell- Sean Paul song...UGH! Didn't see the Divas show---from your reviews, i'll remember not to catch it any of the 100 times that it will be replayed :rolleyes:

How was Lisa Marie- did she perform?

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Jewel has the most soothing voice for my ears! :)

Well said Nwando! And I saw a bit of the Divas Duets concert when Jewel was singing with Stevie Wonder. And at first I was wondering what model is singing with Stevie Wonder? :confused: Then it dawned on me that is was Jewel! :D But I hope she doesn't get any slimmer. She has always had a very healthy look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts