Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
84,923 Posts
The people.

Such laws are voted by elected representatives. It is forbidden in most advanced countries to make homophobic remarks.
He didn´t do that. He only implies that he is not amused .

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts

·
Registered
84,923 Posts

·
Registered
30,289 Posts
The people.

Such laws are voted by elected representatives. It is forbidden in most advanced countries to make homophobic remarks.
Who decides what is homophobic...

I know lots of gays who say "ewww vagina is disgusting". Should they be locked up for hatred of women?

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Who decides what is homophobic...

I know lots of gays who say "ewww vagina is disgusting". Should they be locked up for hatred of women?
Lol comparing the true attacks against a minority with a few jokes about vagina coming from a minority that is probably women's best ally.

·
Registered
84,923 Posts
Lol comparing the true attacks against a minority with a few jokes about vagina coming from a minority that is probably women's best ally.
Oh my god. This is to much. I am out of this thread :wavey:

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts

·
Trainwreck
58,281 Posts
Nope it doesn't work that way. Some opinions have no right to be said cause it's wrong. Tolerance is not about tolerating intolerant views. In order to have tolerance, discrimination has to be forbidden. That's the tolerance paradox.

Anything that is intolerant should be outlawed.
IDK man. I think it's very counterproductive for us to support the whole censorship, cancel-culture thing. That stance is not going to age well and because we're such a minority it'll be even worse for us when the tide turns another way. But of course, the public face of LGBT supports that already so :shrug: too late.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
He didn´t do that. He only implies that he is not amused .
So if there are black people shown on the screen and I post a screenshot with vomit emojis and some disgusting comment - is it racist or am I just 'not amused' by the presence of black people?

But in eastern Europe, whose countries have participated in the ESC only since the mid-90's, the event is still being taken more seriously. Many more people are watching it, despite the influence of gay culture on the event.
It's not very wise to talk about 'Eastern Europe' as some kind of unified, homogeneous block. While Eurovision might be very popular among ex-USSR and ex-Yugoslavia countries, it is definitely not popular in Central European countries like Poland, Czech Rep., Slovakia, Hungary etc.

Eurovision is definitely not taken seriously in Poland and it's far from being popular. From all the big European countries, viewing figures in Poland are the worst. From my personal experience I can tell you that the show is massive only among Polish LGBT community. That's what makes Janowicz remarks even more ridiculous - he watches a very gay-friendly and gay-oriented show and then complains about gay content. Total moron.

·
Registered
37,643 Posts
Who decides what is intolerant...
Homophobes like Janowicz, by saying/implying homosexuality shouldn't be publicly acceptable. That's the definition of not tolerating something.

·
Registered
30,289 Posts
I've never heard of gay men beating up/killing women because they have a vagina. But I've heard about people doing that to gay people.
If you accept the premise that words lead to violence as a general rule, you have to accept that gay male misogyny contributes to the violence against women, which is btw a much more widespread problem than homophobic violence.

·
Registered
30,289 Posts
Homophobes like Janowicz, by saying/implying homosexuality shouldn't be publicly acceptable. That's the definition of not tolerating something.
One thing is to express disdain for somebody's comments, another thing is to try to sanction or punish somebody for their comments. Intolerance can be outlawed only in fascism.

·
Registered
37,643 Posts
One thing is to express disdain for somebody's comments, another thing is to try to sanction or punish somebody for their comments. Intolerance can be outlawed only in fascism.
It depends. I don't think Janowicz's comments should be punishable by law but I definitely think Margaret Court's should. If you go around saying that a person is a pervert who is out to corrupt children and is possessed by Satan, that person would sue you for defamation and most likely win, so how is it any different to saying that about a group of people instead of one person?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
The people.

Well it seems you have a lot of faith in a totalitarian government that decides what is legal or not to say/think. What goes around comes around though.
IDK man. I think it's very counterproductive for us to support the whole censorship, cancel-culture thing. That stance is not going to age well and because we're such a minority it'll be even worse for us when the tide turns another way. But of course, the public face of LGBT supports that already so :shrug: too late.
This guy gets it.

·
Registered
32,914 Posts
The mods/admin got it half right. Now had this been an issue of racism...
Exactly, it would have moved immediately and "they know who they are posters" would have been making excuses for Jerzy claiming his innocence.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts