Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6-2 4-0 retire....... Lindsay was crying it was sad, but Jen was great. She went over gave her a big hug, and consoled her... Jen was playing awesome, hitting all kinds of angles...

Hope you feel better Lindsay and we see you at the Open!

Jennnnnnnnyyyyyyyy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Poor Lindsay, i'm not really a fan of hers but that is really sad that she cried, get better soon Lindsay.

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jen just had an interview w/Pam and then immediatley went to talked to Lindsay again, giving her another hug.... Love it, Congrats Jenny and props for carrying yourself so well!!!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yes, 'wins' is the operative word here.

Was it the toe bothering Lindsay? Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this helps Jennifer or if she doesn't really get confidence since she didn't outright win those two matches.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
She was playing well enough to beat a healthy Momo and Lindsay IMO.

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
Well Done Jenny!

But not good circumstances.

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keith said:
I am happy! I am sad for Lindsay because Linds is my second fave for the Open. I hope no one devalues jen's win because she really does deserve the title. She put in the hard work.
Agreed, I mean her first 2 matches werent the easiest so your absolutley right... This is what she needed, 3 set wins, which she got and a tournament win...... :bounce:

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
lindsay says she may get another injection before the open, but there isn't much she can do about the injury. its clear she needs surgery. she may be out early at the open as well. the usopen really sucks. and mainly b/c of venus and serena.

when you look at the polls its really sad, the results of peoples opinions to say that w/ the sisters out they are less interested than before

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
a win is a win. jen was healthy. momo and lindsay were not.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Lindsay... :sad: :sad: I hope she can patch up her foot for the USO.

This has been a great week for Jennifer! Congratulations!! :bounce:
I didn't expect her to win any of these tune ups. But, her play all week has led to this good result. Way to go, Jennifer!! :D :D

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
ys said:
When was the last time when both SF and F matches of the tournament winner were incomplete because of opponent's injuries?
Injuries have been really rampant lately!

Anyway, congrats to Cap on capping her long title drought!
Good and fast recovery to Davey!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.