Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats! Good luck in the Quarters!!! :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Well played match by Jenn!! Her form is really on! Good luck in the quarters, and if it is vs. Momo, get some revenge from last year!!!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Jen played solid and aggressive at the right times.

It could have gone to a third, but Jen contained her well.

Only thing I'm wprried about is Jen's BH, its powerful and accurate, but when she hits it DTL, its more pushed deep, rather than actually hit down the line. Its a fantastic shot, if it was a bit more aggressive it'd be another one of Jen's weapons.

Hope Momo wins, I want revenge!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Jenn is playing really well right now. I have been impressed with her. It never looks like she is going to lose, her mental attitude is great, i used to find it annoying but its what helps her win matches.

Congrats Jenn!!!!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
wow, go Jenny! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
yes Jennifers backhand :eek: (which is cross court id say 80% of the time) but have you all noticed, that when she goes down the line (this just an average hit) it goes just deep everytime? loosing the point, and then every and i mean every (well hell when she plays venus serena and linday) when she tries to go for the "winner" down the line with the backhand, she basically hits it into the stands. If she worked on that shot, it would do her even more good as in opening up the court. This is the shot now a days, and Venus Serena and Lindsay have it down packed, have had it for some time, and it really to me is one of the biggest weapons, it opens up the court dramatically and gets your player runnin. Jennifer should work on that shot, it would help her out a lot, but I think she will go down to Amelie still :)

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Congrats Jenny !!! :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
SerenaSlam said:
yes Jennifers backhand :eek: (which is cross court id say 80% of the time) but have you all noticed, that when she goes down the line (this just an average hit) it goes just deep everytime? loosing the point, and then every and i mean every (well hell when she plays venus serena and linday) when she tries to go for the "winner" down the line with the backhand, she basically hits it into the stands. If she worked on that shot, it would do her even more good as in opening up the court. This is the shot now a days, and Venus Serena and Lindsay have it down packed, have had it for some time, and it really to me is one of the biggest weapons, it opens up the court dramatically and gets your player runnin. Jennifer should work on that shot, it would help her out a lot, but I think she will go down to Amelie still :)

I so disagree. Jenny rips her down the line BH often, and NO ONE can touch her inside out BH cross court. I have seen her hit countless winners this year with that shot. Watch out Amelie, you won't be plaing the Jen of late 2002, this is the Jen of 2003 who won't be losing to you anymore.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
actually i think serena's inside out backhand is better than jennifers. seeing serena hits it in just about every rally, and unlike jennifer, serena hits it openstance and old school style. jennifer decdies to hit it, but with serena, its just a natural shot she does in rallies. not aruging shots, jennifer does have a nice inside out bachand crosscourt, but serena's is more natural and more penetrating. matter of fact, its the shot that her and venus use all the time in their doubles and really is the winning shot for them :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
well done jen and now go get revenge on Momo!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I agree if jen could hit her backahnd down the line more(which can be a great weapon) it would help her take out these girls. When she resurged in 2001 her backhand down the line line was on fire :fiery: remember on match point at oz 2001 she ripped a great backhand straight down the line to win. Go Jenny I know you will beat Amelie :wavey:

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Jen's BH is solid and powerful. CC and even the inside out BH are her great shots on that wing. But she seems to stick to CC with it.

Her down the line is deep, not hit with force, which is why it doesn't help her open up the court.

8/10, Jen's BH DTL will be pushed, not actually hit.

Jen 2001 was showing us all how to rip BH DTL, not the Jen of 2002 and even 2003.

But I always have faith in Jen! Beat Momo!!! :)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
GO JEN! Get Bust get youre groove on!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts