Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Jennifer Capriati for repeating as the Aussie champ! I know this has been said before but I just got back online and feel the need to give Jen 2 thumbs up! That match was so dramatic and crazy, I was astounded at her comeback.

On another note I just moved to Miami Beach and just got my tickets for the Lipton/Ericcson/Nasdaq (???) Open. I am super excited and hope Jen does one match better than last year.

Is anyone else out there going to the tourney or volunteering?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Better late than never...

But it is never too late to say nice things about Jen! Actually, now is a good time because jealousy of Jen has crept it's way onto the board!

I won't be in Miami, I wish I was!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Another Jen fan :) YAY!! Welcome aboard the board :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi there--welcome! It's always nice to see more support for Jen here. :)

I so wish I was going to Miami also! Have a great time. Please post about your experience there if you can. Are you volunteering at all? I would like to get involved in volunteering at some of these tournies, but there are none where I live. :(

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I signed up to volunteer. If I get a job before then I won't be able to but I am secretly hoping to be unemployed at that time! I bought tickets to all the night matches (1st round- semis), so I can vounteer during the day and watch the matches at night. In this heat I must be crazy.

And hello back to all the JenCAP fans. She is the greatest!!!!!!

·
Everything Fades Away
129,509 Posts
Welcome to the board. YES, that was some of the best and coolest final I saw in the last months. Jenny is a true champion! YAY!!! THAT WAS SOOOOO GREAT!!! She proved that she`s the real # 1! And won as # 1 a Grand-Slam!!!
Especially after so many haters said some nasty things about her!!! :p:wavey:

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
186,236 Posts
Mark35 said:
Congrats to Jennifer Capriati for repeating as the Aussie champ! I know this has been said before but I just got back online and feel the need to give Jen 2 thumbs up! That match was so dramatic and crazy, I was astounded at her comeback.

On another note I just moved to Miami Beach and just got my tickets for the Lipton/Ericcson/Nasdaq (???) Open. I am super excited and hope Jen does one match better than last year.

Is anyone else out there going to the tourney or volunteering?
Well, From London To Miami? Are You Sure You Can Stand All That Sunshine Mark? I Envy You The Erriccson, It;s A Great Tourney And A Great Venue!

Jen's Victory Was Dramatic, That's For Sure! She Must Like Comebacks, She Keeps Doing It! But, As Far As I'm Concerned, It's Hats Off To Both Ladies For Hanging In As Long As They Did! It Was A Tough Maych On Both Sides Of The Net!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Barrie_Dude, you must be thinking of Mark Newman. I just moved here from Minneapolis, so it is BIG change of climate.

Glad to see there are a lot of Jen supporters out there. She really is an inspiration!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts