Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

NEWS, NOTES, QUOTES, AND BARBS
Venus Williams has withdrawn from next week's Rogers AT&T Cup in Toronto due to the abdominal tear she aggravated at Wimbledon...Also removing her name from the field was Jennifer Capriati with a shoulder injury...Chanda Rubin and Alexandra Stevenson have also pulled from Toronto with injuries...

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I know, I just posted this from TSN.ca site. I can't believe all the injuries! I hope they are all healthy by the USO!

http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/news_story.asp?ID=50025&hubName=tennis

FANTASY SPORTS
STORE
SHOWS
COLUMNISTS
SERVICES
Site Map »

Capriati pulls out of Rogers AT&T Cup

Canadian Press

8/9/2003

TORONTO (CP) - The field for the $1.325-million US Rogers AT&T Cup tennis tournament took another hit Saturday as No.7-ranked American Jennifer Capriati withdrew with a shoulder injury.

Over the last few weeks several WTA superstars have pulled out of the event. Venus and Serena Williams dropped with injuries as did fan favourite Monica Seles and Americans Chanda Rubin and Alexandra Stevenson.

The field features Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne, the second- and third-ranked players in the world, respectively.

In addition to Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne, defending champion Amelie Mauresmo of France, who is ranked sixth in the world and No. 9 Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia are also entered.

Qualifying started this weekend at the National Tennis Centre at York University. The main draw starts Monday with the final set for next Sunday.

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Damn, hope you fell better soon Cappy.. thats going to be one weak field...... Another all Belgium final I guess!

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Who's left??? Kim & Justine? Any other contender for the title?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amelie - seeing as she won it last year.

Sharapova could make waves here if she takes her opportunities well and has a good draw.

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
I forgot about Amelie, hopefully she won't be rusty and that she will go far in the tournament.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well looks like an all belguim final.
I would throw Amelie in the mix But i half think she will pick up a pice of paper and spran her wrist.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.