Registered
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She requested a wild card & is seeded #1!! :D

Good luck, Jenny!! :bounce:

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
She is a wild card entrant but I don't think she requested it all on her own. I'm sure she was convinced by the WTA to show up after a lot of big names withdrew. Anyway, good to see her there - I hope she's ready and can win it.

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,143 Posts
ahhh... I think she is ranked no.3 on the gold exempt list, so maybe you're right MirjanaLfan.

Good luck to her.

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it would be great to see Jennifer vs Elena D final :bounce:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
AWESOME!! Go Cappy, this title would do her pysche a ALOT of good....... CAPPY!!!!

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
According to the below article, Jennifer was added to bring in more spectators, which is sad because you would thinkk that all the Russians in the field would have done that:

Tennis-Capriati to make Kremlin Cup debut

MOSCOW, Sept 28 (Reuters) - World number five Jennifer Capriati will make her Kremlin Cup debut this week after being added to the field to make the tournament more attractive for spectators, organisers said on Sunday.

"It was a WTA decision to make the tournament a bit more stronger and more appealing to the fans," said Kremlin Cup commercial director Alexander Kaznelson.

The $1.3 million WTA event was hit by the withdrawals of Capriati's fellow Americans Lindsay Davenport and Venus Williams, who would have been the top two seeds, through injuries.

The Kremlin Cup draw now has four players in the top 10, with former world number one Capriati, who was made the top seed in Moscow, joining seventh-ranked Amelie Mauresmo of France and Russians Anastasia Myskina and Elena Dementieva.

The tournament begins on Monday.

09/28/03 09:54 ET

Copyright 2003 Reuters Limited.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Whoo-hoo, nice to see Jen back in action!! :)

I hope she can gain big points (it being a Tier I and all) and can meet Elena in the final. My two faves playing it out for the title (although it would be sweet if Elena won as it is Russia).

But GO JENNY! :)

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
The queen of Choke jobs is the top seed. Lets home she's not up 5-3 and serving for the match.

·
Registered
677 Posts
venusfan said:
The queen of Choke jobs is the top seed. Lets home she's not up 5-3 and serving for the match.
don't joke,pls...I'm still crying...

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
venusfan said:
:yawn:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
venusfan said:

what does 'lets home' mean? :confused:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Its must be that damn interent lingo Mike, LOL!

·
Registered
444 Posts
i think venusfan meant "let's hope" ;)

That's a ridiculous comment btw.. go jennifer take this title! :bounce:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
OMG YOU ARE PLAYING!!!!! WAHOOO!

Im glad she took the wildcard, she'll probably win it *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Well, carpet is not her best surface and she doesn't have an easy draw. Plus, the shoulder probably didn't heal properly. Maybe she got extra incentives to play. But, good luck to her and the rest of the players. May the best woman win!

Amen!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts