Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jennifer has a big chance to regain her #1 spot in just one week.. plz see the calculations I have done below:

Jennifer Capriati:

Jen has reached SF last year at Scottsdale, so there are 102 points to be deducted from her current ranking points.

4684 - 102 = 4582 (As at 26/2/2002)

Venus Williams:

Venus has reached SF last year at Indian Wells, but she will skip
the tournament this year. Therefore, 174 points will be deducted from her current ranking points.

4790 - 174 = 4616 (As at 05/03/2002)

Difference: 4616 - 4582 = 34 points

If my above calculations are correct, then I think all Jen needs to do is get into the QF at Scottsdale to regain her #1 spot!!!

All the best for Jen in playing Scottsdale!! GO! JEN! GO! :kiss:

:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
127 Posts
C`mon Jen...win the next tournament...and be Number 1 again!

All the best for Jen!

Thanks for your calculations..they are very interesting!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
yay!! Scottsdale!! finally some tennis on tv :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone know why the articles (the one on www.espn.com/tennis for example) say Jenn was passed by Venus by 6 points when the rankings show 106? Are the articles wrong or the Sanex ranking posting? I've heard 6 so many times I'm questioning (and hoping) that it's the actual ranking list on www.sanexwtatour.com.

Go Jen, can't wait to watch Scottsdale! I think it's time for revenge on Alex in the 2nd round. I think Jen will be fresh and ready!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
There's no doubt about that! I don't know when, but Jenny will be no. 1 again. It won't take long... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts