Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Kimumwe said:
Call me way out. But after watching the girls play, I'm conviced the US Open is going to either Mauresmo, Jenn or Lindsay and not the Belgium girls.

Any thoughts on this?
It's only been one match, but the Belgians seem to be feeling the pressure already and these three have been loose and looked good. Momo seems to be moving smoothly at least in her match today. She has some pep in her step.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
When I saw the draw, I thought that Mauresmo could beat Kim is the quarters if they both get there. I am not so confident on Lindsay or Jennifer, Lindsay beause of her toe and Jennifer could be out by the third round against Maria Sharapova or Emilie Loit (they both looked impressive yesterday).

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Of the three I think amelie has the best chance.... I think her game can really give Kim trouble and if she can play like she played last year against Jennifer and Venus....it could be very though for Kim.

The other two, well Lindsay I don´t know...she doesn´t really believe she can beat the top-guns...maybe now that both Serena and Venus is out she realizes that this could be her last chance for slam no.4 and starts to play better.

Jennifer: If you play 100-stroke rallies all the time, you won´t have energy left when the going gets though...so better start being more agressive.

· Miss Verstand
14,936 Posts
if amelie takes kim out in the quarters, the title is lindsay's

· Registered
2,103 Posts
bandabou said:
Jennifer: If you play 100-stroke rallies all the time, you won´t have energy left when the going gets though...so better start being more agressive.

You mean like hitting winners off of return of serve, or service winners, or winners in the 3 strike of the rally like she did last night.

Please pay attention to current form and not wishfull thinking....

Momo will have her usual mental meltdown, and there is no way she is getting through Kimmie.

For Davenport it depends on 2 things.... will the foot hold up and will she be able to get through Kimmie, something she struggles with.

For Cappy, her only obstacle is juju, and whoever wins that semi will most likely go on to win the USO.

· Registered
11,120 Posts
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Lindsay is playing as good as when she was #1. With her two-headed nemesis out, I think for once she has a real belief in herself.

Jen looks really good too. But, with a Sharapova meeting in the third round, I can smell an upset cooking. Have to give Capi credit though. She has been playing really well.

I think Amelie has alot of game, and if she thinks she can beat Kim, she can. She should just go for it.

Good luck to Lindsay and Amelie. With the right mindset, that could be one great semi.

· Registered
527 Posts
I think Jennifer has the goods to take it all. She just needs to get a couple of freebies on serve, and pull out a win in the Semis to gain some confidence going into the final.

Top half... I see a Clijsters/Davenport Semi, which, unfortunantely, will be very one sided--unless something happens to Kim. Which is sad, because I :heart: Lindsay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.