Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is clearly the no. 8 in the world, I see one last good run at a slam for her. nothing more. But she has had a wonderul career that she should be proud of....and she made us fans proud (except when she got all bitchy).

Her game is too 1-D. She hits the kind of ball that all the girls like. Hard and fast. She gives them what they want.

*Davenport has more power off the backhand and a much better serve. That is why she just might outlive Jenn (on the tour)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i agree with you except...jen has not been bitchy at all.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
1 more thing...by good run you must mean a win cause i know it will happen

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brandon85 said:
i agree with you except...jen has not been bitchy at all.
She does give credit to her opp though. Although more and more now the excuse is....'They played better than I have ever seen them play'*

*see Dokic
Petrova
Amelie

CAUSE you let them...sweetheart!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brandon85 said:
1 more thing...by good run you must mean a win cause i know it will happen
Yes, a win. Maybe at the USopen. You know Serena hates her game. And she is 3-0 in Grand slam finals! So watch out Serena!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
yea jen has always been complermentary when she loses or wins...no matter how mad she looks at herself. yea i think the us open too. like a sampras type thing...to end her career with. i'd love that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brandon85 said:
yea jen has always been complermentary when she loses or wins...no matter how mad she looks at herself. yea i think the us open too. like a sampras type thing...to end her career with. i'd love that.
she will still be my fav. player to watch. That forehand is amazing.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
yeah she seems to not like creating angles or changing the direction of the ball. she is all about getting everything back and hitting THROUGH her opponents but the girls these days have learned that little game and just redirect her power and let her run run run. not a good game plan. she goes to the net once, misses a volley just barely and then stays away the rest of the match. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
LOL, I don't think Jennifer is even near of retiring.
I think Monica and Lindsay will retire before her, because they're so vulnerable to injuries.
Yea, her game is to hit hard, just like so many other players on the tour, it's a good weapon in women's tennis, and she knows how to combine it with good footwork and consistency, so I think she has another slam in her, just not on clay, maybe she can win Wimbledon, I think she just might.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I think people know Capster is not the player she once was, and therefore mentally believe they can beat her.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Whenever people have had doubts in her she's always come back and proved them wrong , so let comeback begin! :)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
leszcd2 said:
....and she made us fans proud (except when she got all bitchy).
QUOTE]

as a true fan i can say that she still does and will continue to make me proud for ever. i dont see her making us fans proud in the past tense. r u sayin she doesnt make u proud anymore cos she aint winnin?if so maybe u shud reassess who ur fave is.
plus i dont think jenny has been bitchy.she just speaks her mind!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
She got bitchy after she made it to number one, I think that was the pressure of being number one, and the player to beat.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I don't think she has lost it. She still seems to have the nerve and the shots and was using quite a bit of variety . Her problem may be that the tour is learning to deal with the Williams sister's power and if you can return and rally with them you can stay with Jen?

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
leszcd2 said:
But she has had a wonderul career that she should be proud of....and she made us fans proud (except when she got all bitchy).
Les, sorry but the facts don't support that statement.
  1. After Monica was stabbed, the world was looking forward to the young prodigy stepping in to give Steffi another real rival. Jen was too busy shoplifting and getting high. :rolleyes:
  2. When she finally returned, she wouldn't stick with Harold's diet (matching burgers with Malisse, who burns it all off), so he booted her and she went back to a father who could never teach her the service toss.
  3. Although I supported her on the Fed Cup "rationale" vs. BJK, she used ugly gay-bashing slurs there.
  4. She's now "owned" not only by Serena, but by Momo and even, OMG, Alex! :eek:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Jennifer did NOT make a career out of shoplifting or getting high and its not only insulting, its just plain stupid to say that she did.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Jennifer did NOT make a career out of shoplifting or getting high and its not only insulting, its just plain stupid to say that she did. She paid for her mistakes, let them drop!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
rd878 said:
[*]She's now "owned" not only by Serena, but by Momo and even, OMG, Alex! :eek:
ok so in your book what is the defenition of bein "owned" by sum1??? bein beaten once, twice maybe?????
btw wtf is ur fave???????????

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
and another thing jenny was charged with shoplifting ONCE and it appears it was a missunderstandin and that she walked off without realisin she had the ring still on and if it was any other ordinary teen no1 wud have given a crap
and secondly she is known to have EXPERIMENTED with drugs ONCE at a PARTY!!!!!! can i just ask..........since u r apparantly sum holier than thou freaking priest or sumthin can u honestly say that at a party with a group of mates u have never smoked or drank a drop cos if u have then u have taken drugs too mate.so y dont u take the plank outta ur eye b4 u take........or try to take..................the splinter outta sum1 elses k?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
oh please, jenny had a great clay court season, getting to the semis of almost all the tourneys she entered. yes the loss to petrova is unexpected, but here was a player spurred on by a win over seles, and thus she was on a roll this week. we see many of these one week wonders. read: hantuchova, sugiyama, iva majoli, clarissa fernandez, rubin. it was just unlucky for jen she ran into petrova.

the loss to petrova does NOT signal a downward slide, and i hope jenny doesn't think so. the last few tourneys jen played in we have seen a definite improvement. she is FAR from over. and those years she missed in the mid-nineties: i am SURE she waNTS TO GET THOSE BACK.. she knows SHE IS GRANDSLAM MATERIAL, and she just needs to keep pushing and wait for that big win. it will come. and she has to be ready for it when it comes. who knows? maybe the wimbledon finals will be jen VS serena and she will finally win??

1 - 20 of 43 Posts