Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow i cannot believe what i just saw... jen just yelled into the crowd at someone to "shut the hell up" i mean that wasn't called for especially at someone who paid to see you.. i mean there was no need to get so hot -headed over a mis-call pf :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes you are right Jen's attitude needs to change...but maybe she will learn just like Hingis at the 1999 French....Don't take me wrong Marti fan...I really like Martina truly....she is like me 2nd or 3rd fav behind Jen.....

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:mad:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Martina's behavior wasn't any better, at least Jen calmed down after the first set. I'm tired of everyone thinking it is cute when Martina acts like a brat but if it is any other player especially an American they get put through the ringer.

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no its great i see nothing wrong with ur comment at all i admit that marti acts bratty at times and that is one of the things that i love about her is her firely attitude but i mean seriously don't swear at a fan or an ump if u wanna kick something or swear under ur breath or toss ur raquet fine but don't take it out on others

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
WASN'T THE PART WHEN JENNIFER ASKED FOR HER FATHERS SOCKS SWEET!!! I WAS in AWWWW:D :)

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes marti should but so should jen atleast marti took it out on her raquet and not another person nonetheless a fan... and i am american myself so jen being american has nothing to do with it

i mean both played a great match and they fought hard but there wasn't a need for swearing its in no way justified she could of have released her anger in a different way and not resorted to cussing out a fan or an ump

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
In conditions such as those you need to give players the benefit of the doubt...Im in Melborune and it is freakin' hot!!!!

I dont condone players using the f-word, but seriously, when ur playing in a sauna, things arent going ur way and u get a dodgy line call of course ur gonna cut loose and chuck a tantrum...she's only human after all.

Its just too difficult for me to criticise a players behaviour in conditions such as these.

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol @ jenny fan :)

.. i think it was a bad thing to do on her part yes it was hot and she was bitching and not in a good mood but nonetheless that wasn't called for at all

.. i think both jen and marti should get fined for their actions neither of them are condoned but atleast marti didn't "disrepect" someone but niether of their actions were called for..

i hope she apologizes but i doubt she will.. anyways that was a great match congratualtions jen :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Honestly though, I can't believe she used that language right at the ump and did not even get a warning. But Hingis gets one for throwing the racket!! I just say it needs to go both ways.

·
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that is something i also don't understand at all but i agree with marti getting a warning i mean after all she just didn't toss it she threw it a good 20 ft.. which is way better than what jen did.

... i mean she used quite a selection of curse words.. cussed out the ump and spectators then continued on cursing.. epsn is having a great time at showing how "jen lost it" is cracking jk after jk about her being worse than mc enroe.. and i mean they're even like this is the first time we had to bleep for tennis in so long.. she really should get a fine and have to apologize to both the ump and the spectator i hope she did or will do so..

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Martina didn't get the warning until the second time, she actually broke a racket during a game and went to switch rackets and wasn't given a warning.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Jenn Fan - Little Cuss would more than likely tell you to "shut the f__k up". I believe that is her public personna now.:eek: ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts