Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Yes > move to no.5 on ranks

Votes: 8 23.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If she beats Venus she'll enter the top 5 for the first time.

If she loses , she will enter the top 6 for the first time.

Eitherway...im happy.....and im giving Jelena the edge! :)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Honestly, I don't see a technical possibility of her covering such a gap. Or maybe they would award triple bonus points fro beating Venus? Perhaps, that would be fair. But still not enough.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
186,105 Posts
Jelena is improving, but it is unlikely she is ready to beat Venus!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This thread is senseless! By no means can Dokic be in the top5 next week! Even if she gives a double bagel to Venus! She would need to win Antwerp and then Scottsdale to enter the top5!!!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
The mere idea of it is interesting due to some other possibility. Jelena won't be Top 5 next week. Neither she will be in fortnight. But she is more than likely to be Top 5 by May. Has it ever happened that Top 5 player hasn't reached a single Slam QF during the ranking year?

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I was correct. Amazingly, Maggie was ranked 4th in the world after the 96 OZ, despite missing OZ and Wimby, and only reaching the 2nd round at RG and US.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
2 minutes to check with WTA Player Guide?;)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I think Jelena has a big chance to beat Venus.May the best woman win!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
I'll have to do the timing measurements, disposable.. I still think that using the guide is quicker..;)

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
LOL @ Disposable :)

I predict that Jelena will beat Venus, and thus earn the additional 725 points she needs to make #5.
Yes thats right Disposable, Damir has made sure she gets triple quality points for every tournament since the draws are rigged against her.

SM you might wanna add Jannak's site to your favourites so you get your info right!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ausboy , the rankings dont mean that much to me as a fan for me to do my research , and beside i was told this by another source!

as long as jelena is playing good tennis :)...and injury free :( , then im a happy guy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts