Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in another thread Jen called the umpire a "son of a bitch". :eek:

You guys criticise Jelena's POST MATCH behaviour because she didnt have any praise for Conchita but when Jennifer chucks these tantrums ON DISPLAY its more acceptable to some people, some even condone it. If Jelena did such a thing im sure she would get way more criticism.

Or when Hewitt told the linesmen he should be working in satellite tournaments making him look incompetent some see that as more acceptable. For both Jen and Lleyton this is not the first time theyve lost and acted so petulantly and unsportsmanlike.

So people who have a critical eye on every one of Jelena's actions perhaps you need to be more observant as not many of the top players lose in the most gracious ways!!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know im just stating the obvious but some people seem way more critical of jelena than the others.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
well said :wavey:

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Insulting the Umpire is up to the umpire and the WTA Address, as they probably will by a fine.

Insulting your opponent as Dokic did and has done countless times before is a disgrace. I certainly do not want her back in this country or playing for our country, the embarrassment would be too much.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Being upset that you lost is one thing,...being a complete **** about it is a totally different thing.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Flatstat said:
Insulting the Umpire is up to the umpire and the WTA Address, as they probably will by a fine.

Insulting your opponent as Dokic did and has done countless times before is a disgrace. I certainly do not want her back in this country or playing for our country, the embarrassment would be too much.
yuo're a student, right?

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
How about this> Anna K. was so stingy on giving praise to her opponent when she lost at a challenger (LMAO) that she didn't even bother turning up for the post-match interview. What would have the WTAWorld reaction been if it was some other player who did this?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I think it is because Jen is like that during the match but she doesn't usually bad mouth her opponents after a match like Jelena does. I hope you aren't suggesting that Jen gets away from censure form this board. We all criticize Jen when she does something wrong, myself included ;)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would be much more disgusted with Jelena if she screamed obscenities at the umpire, and insulted ball boys, officials etc than if she was a bitch in a post-match conference.

Here are Jelena's comments AGAIN for those of you who have blown it out of porportion. "She didn't do very much," said a disappointed Dokic, 20. "I think she's never played worse with me. Of course, I also played my worst. It was as if I was just playing against myself." [b.]

it does not compare with jens and lleytons actions IMO :)...jen/lleyton are the ones chucking on court hissy fits and DISPLAYING petulance (much more visibility and humiliation to those at the receiving end)

·
Banned
845 Posts
selesfan said:
I think it is because Jen is like that during the match but she doesn't usually bad mouth her opponents after a match like Jelena does. I hope you aren't suggesting that Jen gets away from censure form this board. We all criticize Jen when she does something wrong, myself included ;)
You are right Jen does not bad mouth her opponents.

·
Banned
845 Posts
SM said:
I would be much more disgusted with Jelena if she screamed obscenities at the umpire, and insulted ball boys, officials etc than if she was a bitch in a post-match conference.

Here are Jelena's comments AGAIN for those of you who have blown it out of porportion. "She didn't do very much," said a disappointed Dokic, 20. "I think she's never played worse with me. Of course, I also played my worst. It was as if I was just playing against myself." [b.]

it does not compare with jens and lleytons actions IMO :)...jen/lleyton are the ones chucking on court hissy fits and DISPLAYING petulance (much more visibility and humiliation to those at the receiving end)

Get off of Jen's back.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I dont like Jens, Jelenas or Lleytons behaviour and i pick on them all for it. However i do think badmouthing an opponent is worse than petulant on court behaviour.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
SM said:

lol, i have to be honest with yuo dude, i would like the uber-babe to swear on court as well

nothing wrong with that, it worked for John McEnroe and for Jimmy Connors and it's working for Hewitt and good for him and good for Jen :)

the only thing that pisses me off about Hewitt is this fight of his with the ATP over this fucking fine. Yeah, fight it if he thinks he's been unjustly treated, but do it quietly, not via the media

- Car Key Boi

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
SM said:

Really? I think obnoxious on court behavior is more acceptable because it is in the heat of the moment during a fierce competition. Bad mouthing opponents after a loss is just downright mean and unacceptable. I'm not saying I condone Jen's behavior on court but she doesn't usually say anything negative about her opponents. And we all know how Jelena is, who can forget Kulti Kis. ;) I think we all let Jelena get away with it because of her dad, I know that I usually always let her slide. I was surprised about what she said about Conchita, I thought they were friendly.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
firstly its kuti kis not kulti kiss - yuor a student, right? second i think the 'heat of the moment' defence is bullshit. When you work as a professional you have a code of conduct and higher standards..whenevr you're upset you should not bad mouth anyone around you.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,007 Posts
U got to be kidding.

Looking into someone’s eyes and yelling „you son of ...“ is more polite than thinking afterwards that my opponent did play poorly today!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
These 2 "offenses" are not even comparable, you fucking idiot. To slam a player after losing to them is just plain bad. To swear in the heat of battle about a fucking cell phone is no big deal at all. I cant believe all the serena worshipers here slamming Jen, but can turn a blind eye when she swore at the Aus open (loit, and Venus matches). Don't misunderstand me, I dig Serena, and I have NO problem that she swore, I just don't like the double standard being thrown around.

How stupid are these people in the stand at every tourney. TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its true that jelena had time to think/reflect on her match before her conference and what she said did lack some class because jelena did not conform ie give praise simply cos she lost or cliches. It might be arrogance, petulance and an overall lack of class but i dont see it as offensive as Jen's behaviour.

·
Registered
126 Posts
To swear in the heat of battle about a fucking cell phone is no big deal at all.
To be honest, i don't think that is what people have the problem with. Its the fact she swore at someone (the umpire) for no apparent reason. I think that is disgusting. If u were walking down the street and some guy called you a son of a bitch wouldnt you be a bit pissed off??

I think cappy needs to comtrol her mouth a little bit more...as for Jelena Dokic :rolleyes: what she said was wrong too. When you're in teh tennis buisness you need to watch what you say.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts