Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as though Jelena Jankovic has had enough of the noise. After years of saying nothing JJ and others are finally speaking up, letting it be known that excessive grunting during matches is a form of cheating and it hinders the opponents from playing there tennis without being both distracted and feeling like balls are coming back much faster than what is the reality.

JELENA JANKOVIC:"The receiver feels like the ball is coming way faster than it is because of the grunt that comes with the ball," explains Jankovic. "So you back up a little bit and you think this huge thing is coming at you, almost a bomb, and the ball doesn't really go that fast."

Jelena also added that she was not the only player who was going to keep complaining and that she had had just about enough of certain players, and she did mention Sharapova, who did not grunt during practice and yet shriek on court causing severe irritation " i dont think its acceptable, i dont need to grunt and these girls dont either, im not the only one complaining here, its ridiculous"

Claws are out...clearly Jelena does not love Maria very much....surprise surprise....but shes right...grunting a little is ok, but as much as some of them is too much.

thoughts?

·
Registered
32,533 Posts
The WTA is too chicken to do anything about it.

Sharapova is the main problem as she's the only one who could've enough authority to stand up against the Tour.
You shut her up and the rest will have to follow.

And sounding like the Octo-Mom with three babies still to pop isn't natural at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Give it a break...it's tennis and people need to accept it's just part of the game now. I for one enjoy some hearty grunting...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shes right. Maria, Azarenka and a few others are making way too much noise out there, they dont need to scream there faces off . i dont need to scream to hit a winner, its disgusting. coaches should prohibit that full stop. Jelena makes valid remarks. its cheating for sure because u get intimidated by it and umpires should for sure make sure these girls stop it if it gets past a certain point. its not really about the noise its the intent.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give it a break...it's tennis and people need to accept it's just part of the game now. I for one enjoy some hearty grunting...
sounding like your getting gang raped by 6 men is normal? please, dont make me laugh...its disgusting and its innapropriate. these girls sound like there having sex and its gross.

ive been playing tennis since i was 4 and never once did i feel the need to grunt. and i hit as hard as maria sharapova. shes obviously doing this on purpose.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
that is what i have always thought about grunting, it is almost a bluff like 'i'm hitting this ball so hard!!!!11!!!1'

·
Registered
32,533 Posts
Some girls are screaming while hitting slices and drop shots.
Kirilenko got vocal halfway through her career. How lame.

·
Registered
11,505 Posts
uhhh, so that's why she is losing all those matches to Maria...I guess WTA should do something then to stop this horrible cheater Pova from hindering Lady Jaja's career:zzz:

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
They obviously do it on purpose, de Brito does not grunt anymore.

·
★Don't be a bummer★
9,903 Posts
Seems like a pathetic excuse to explain why she can't win anything.
It's an opinion, not an excuse.
uhhh, so that's why she is losing all those matches to Maria...I guess WTA should do something then to stop this horrible cheater Pova from hindering Lady Jaja's career:zzz:
I never lost a match to Maria and I find her screaming annoying. And I like her. So?
Has she won any GS single titles though?

Have you?

1 - 20 of 394 Posts