Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a result of winning in Charleston , Jelena receives 430 points and add that onto her current total of 1882 points, this gives Jelena a total of 2312 points which puts her ahead of martina hingis by 18 points. After Charleston Martina ONLY has 2294 points

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just going by the WTA rankings that are done by the boiled egg, i know the rankings havent being updated for a while

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont understand those 17 tournies, but jelena hasnt any points to defend from last year:confused:

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I dont understand those 17 tournies, but jelena hasnt any points to defend from last year:confused:
She didn't, but because she got 430 points going onto her best 17, the 55 points dropped off as only seventeen tournaments count towards the ranking. :wavey:

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
it's a little different than atp which has 13 required tournies and 5 optionals. WTA has only 5 required , slams and miami, and I guess 12 other best results

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ones ranking is based on a certain amount of tournaments say X amount so if you have played more than X within the calender year your best X no of results will make up your ranking points ...if you then play a tournament in which you gained more points than the worst result of your original X no of tourns, then this will become part of your ranking and you will lose the points from your worst result so jelena gains 430 but loses 55

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that a bit odd that jelena will be losing points the fact that she has no points at all to defend until rome

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
She plays a lot of tournaments... so she'll probably play in Warsaw and she'll probably surpass Hingis in rankings after Warsaw..

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
yap, i hope she will get to no.5 by RG as Sveta and Hingis have to defend much more then Jankovic 'till and with RG.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
yap, i hope she will get to no.5 by RG as Sveta and Hingis have to defend much more then Jankovic 'till and with RG.
Isn't Jelena playing 4 tournaments up to RG?

Yes, there is a great chance she could surpass a few more players, she is very dangerous right now!

BTW, I don't care if Martina drops a bit in the rankings, I just want her to come back 100% healthy and rested.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
These are my total guess rankings predictions for after the French Open is completed, based on how I think the players will do where they're supposed to play between now & then. Obviously there's no science to this with the guessing involved (I assumed Henin & Sharapova stay put & didn't bother figuring out their points):

1. Henin
2. Sharapova
3. Mauresmo 3325
4. Serena 2950
5. Jankovic 2675
6. Hingis 2470
7. Kuznetsova 2426
8. Petrova 2406
9. Chakvetadze 2288
10. Clijsters 2273
11. Vaidisova 2112

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
These are my total guess rankings predictions for after the French Open is completed, based on how I think the players will do where they're supposed to play between now & then. Obviously there's no science to this with the guessing involved (I assumed Henin & Sharapova stay put & didn't bother figuring out their points):

1. Henin
2. Sharapova
3. Mauresmo 3325
4. Serena 2950
5. Jankovic 2675
6. Hingis 2470
7. Kuznetsova 2426
8. Petrova 2406
9. Chakvetadze 2288
10. Clijsters 2273
11. Vaidisova 2112
Looks about right to me. I just pray that the injured/indisposed players (Martina, Sveta, Momo, JuJu, Serena) come back soon and 100% ready to compete!!! Rg could really suck otherwise.

To all Hingis fans: Martina only has about 700 points to defend after RG, so even if she drops a bit, no worries.

:wavey:

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Ones ranking is based on a certain amount of tournaments say X amount so if you have played more than X within the calender year your best X no of results will make up your ranking points ...if you then play a tournament in which you gained more points than the worst result of your original X no of tourns, then this will become part of your ranking and you will lose the points from your worst result so jelena gains 430 but loses 55
thanks lol that explanation should go in some of the tennis magazines coz some of the explainations are rubbish!! since we are talkig about rankings..what is point inflation?

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
The state of women's tennis..............

·
Registered
19,960 Posts
jelena is playing better than martina so in this case that 7 spot woths more than the 6 spot of marina, and she probably will surpass martina after warsaw, but hopefully martina will surpass her after berlin:D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks lol that explanation should go in some of the tennis magazines coz some of the explainations are rubbish!! since we are talkig about rankings..what is point inflation?
i think i agree with you about points inflation, i still cannot understand how does jelena lose 55 points even though she had zero points to defend, that doesnt make sense:help:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts