Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's from Yugoslavia, or they called it Serbia and Montenegro nowadays, but she looked Asian to me,

does anyone know???

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
She is not Asian. A lot of people from Yugoslavia look just like that. Weird Al Yankovich looks like that, too. (He is of Yugoslavian heritage.)

The one European player who has a little bit Asian blood is Myskina. One of her grandmothers is Asian or partly Asian. (Note, however, that "Asians" in Russia do not mean *East Asians* like Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. Instead they are most likely the Central Asian nomad like Khazaks, or one of the Siberian tribes, Mongolians, Eskimos, etc.)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
OK. I have to concede that I am not 100% sure. I haven't met the Jankovic families. But what I can say is that a lot of people from Russia and Eastern Europe I have met have this "Asian" look yet they would tell you that they do not have an Asian in their family.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
clonesheep said:
OK. I have to concede that I am not 100% sure. I haven't met the Jankovic families. But what I can say is that a lot of people from Russia and Eastern Europe I have met have this "Asian" look yet they would tell you that they do not have an Asian in their family.
Yes but aren't there many 'Eskimos' in Syberia? :confused: They probably are just selling you wolf tickets...:eek:

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jankovic and Zheng look a lot like each other, don't u think?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
she is 100% serbian but i must say she does look a bit asian

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It's her eyes - she has Mongolian eye folds. It's more prevelant in the Chinese, Indigenous "Indians," Eskimoes, Siberians and the Mongol people of Northern Asia. Combine that with the fact that she has black hair and she does look a little bit Asian.

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
clonesheep said:
Well, I live in Eastern Europe and I have met really, really few people who look Asian. :shrug:
Jankovic does look a bit Asian, but she is not related to Asia in any way.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Hungarian, Turkish, Finnish, Japanese are connected through Mongolian...
We have some similar words... similar physical characters...

Some Russian (former Soviet Unions) are also the same.
I am 1/8 Russian...
And in Siberia, there are many "native" people who look like Eskimo/Native Americans, or Japanese called "Ainu", they all look like Asians... Some South Americans natives too.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
she's not asian, it just happens she has a bit strange position if eyes, but asians don't have long thick noses like she does, she has a very strange eyes, nose which is going a bit on the left side and it looks very long, but not an asian, maybe some serbian "country" blood :)

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
boggs570 said:
I think she has the same blood as all of us. I didn't know tha Asians had a different type of blood from anyone else.
i quess you didn't read carefuly the post above, try reading again. I said she has something peasant abou her, if i have to tell you that so simple!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got it now?!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
rhz said:
She's from Yugoslavia, or they called it Serbia and Montenegro nowadays, but she looked Asian to me,

does anyone know???
Any pictures of her. ;)

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
She does have a feature or two but not sure if she has Asian in her or not.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,007 Posts
I'm not sure about that Asian thing, but to me it looks she must have little bit reptilian blood in her. :angel:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
In person she doesnt look too Asian but on tv she does for some funny reason.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.