Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Mirza is a tad overrated. She just doesn't have the game to consistently beat the top 30 on any surface including her favorite, hard courts. It will be interesting to see how she plays on clay and grass if she is playing during that time. It was a great week for her though. She shouldn't take anything negative from this tourni except that she needs to work a lot on her movement to be a top 20 player in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
15,672 Posts
Jelena :worship: She looked so stunning out there today! :hearts: And played so well too, really handled the situation well. I loved it at the end when she said to the crowd, "Now you can cheer for me!!" Hehe, she's cute :p

Never mind Sania, but she had an amazing week. I really like her game and attitude and think she's gonna have a great year! :)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Superb match and attitude by Jelena. Cleanest performance of the day :yeah:

Best of luck to Sania for the rest of the year. She sounds like a very mature and articulate young lady ;)

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Wannabeknowitall said:
Mirza is a tad overrated. She just doesn't have the game to consistently beat the top 30 on any surface including her favorite, hard courts. It will be interesting to see how she plays on clay and grass if she is playing during that time. It was a great week for her though. She shouldn't take anything negative from this tourni except that she needs to work a lot on her movement to be a top 20 player in the next couple of years.
Overrated? Are you kidding? Did you see that forehand? The BH is not bad either. She just needs more experience, work hard on the service and a bit of a research of variantion. She is good and she will go better.

And for God's sake, she just crushed Svetlana!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Sania :sad:

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
deftman said:
Gee I saw the match, and it was a complete anti-climax.

And that crowd....:eek::eek: It makes the French look like the most well-behaved crowd ever!
:haha:

And also credit to Jankovic, as she held her nerve with so many people cheering against her. Despite the crowd cheering loudly for Sania,she played a perfect game, and if she plays like this, could give Serena a tough time!
Jelena was very impressive today, I didn't think she could handle her nerves against that crowd. :worship:

·
Registered
417 Posts
After a really unfortunate start to the year this is a brilliant performance by Jelena on her return.

HL to Mirza. A sign of things to come.

Red Star Belgrade are good at something after all !!! (joke)

Bravo lepotice.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
TheDevilishRPH said:
Jelena :) While not as powerful a lot more consisent

After watching that I can see why Sania has been taken to 3 sets by the likes of Bondarenko, Oblizer and Watson. She was pretty terrible tonight :eek:
hey slow,man,slow!!!firstly,as somone said,just before:it was by no means an anti-climax game!i have seen much worse matches than that in my life!!they both played very solid and good,and jel just a touch more...thats the way i see it.but to say,sania was terrible..sorry,then i have to say:you have no tennis knowledge,guy!!this is totally off the line!! :eek: can you imagine,under which pressure she stood,after that "kuzzie" defeat??thats my opinion..

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
pla said:
Overrated? Are you kidding? Did you see that forehand? The BH is not bad either. She just needs more experience, work hard on the service and a bit of a research of variantion. She is good and she will go better.

And for God's sake, she just crushed Svetlana!
my opinion too,pla!hey,what expect people from her??shes just beginning to rise!!she cant beat the world in one day!!!no one can!!

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Kuznetsova was just off her game. She probably would have lost to BYE. I've seen her play and she just isn't there yet and won't be in the top 30 till she moves a little better. She's a hard court player. If the match against Kuznetsova was on grass or clay, Kuznetsova would have won. She's more than confident enough from her win in India. I know Mirza want to be better but with the game being so deep right now it will be hard for her to consistently stay in the top 30 if she doesn't move better. I mean there are some players in the top 30 like Amy Frazier that have a lot of weaknesses in their games but are able to hide their lack of a great serve and great movement with groundstrokes. Mirza doesn't want to be just a top 30 player though.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
yeah,but i think,leave that girl more time!!she will need it...hey,shes only 18,time enough,right??

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
alibaby said:
my opinion too,pla!hey,what expect people from her??shes just beginning to rise!!she cant beat the world in one day!!!no one can!!
Indeed, the game is there (she will work on it for the future) and everything she needs is to put it together constantly. Let's not forget that Jelena was very solid today :worship: and Sania didn't have any time to calm down and put away the pressure.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.