Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She avoided Sharapova & Wozniacki thankfully:)!

Good luck Jelena:bounce:!

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
MAINDRAW

(1) Wozniacki Caroline (DEN) vs QUALIFIER
Garbin Tathiana (ITA) vs (WC) Sharapova Maria (RUS)
Domachowska Marta (POL) vs Amanmuradova Akgul (UZB)
(WC)Piter Katarzyna (POL) vs (8) Bondarenko Alona (UKR)

(4) Wozniak Aleksandra (CAN) vs Goerges Julia (GER)
Dokic Jelena (AUS) vs QUALIFIER
Gallovits Edina (ROU) vs Craybas Jill (USA)
(7) Mattek-Sands Bethanie (USA) vs Keothavong Anne (GBR)

(5) Sara Errani vs Bondarenko Kateryna (UKR)
Mayr Patricia (AUT) vs Voskoboeva Galina (KAZ)
QUALIFIER vs Pironkova Tsvetana (BUL)
(3) Zheng Jie (CHN) vs QUALIFIER

(6) Hantuchova Daniela (SVK) vs Llagostera Vives Nuria (ESP)
Radwanska Urszula vs Koryttseva Mariya (UKR)
Zakopalova Klara (CZE) vs Czink Melinda (HUN)
(2) Radwanska Agnieszka vs Govortsova Olga (BLR)

Nice draw. Would have preferred Gallovits or Domachowska earlier :devil: No one extraordinarily scary in quallies either, might want to avoid Arn :)unsure:), Dulgeru, Lapushchenkova and Raluca though. Don't want to get to excited, but semifinals doesn't look too difficult here.

:inlove::inlove:

Go Jelena! SHOOO! :armed:

·
5 Grand Slams
15,301 Posts
not wozniacki 2nd round, WOZNIAK, better than wozniacki though :)

·
5 Grand Slams
15,301 Posts
perfect tourny, has jelly and masha :inlove:

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
yay jelena packed couple of months coming up :D

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
I saw her today.
At first I was looking from the long distance as it's very hard to see what's going on on the court where Jelena was practicing. She seemed to be playing great. She was playing a practice match with Goerges and I think I saw her hitting like 3 or 4 winners in a row, easily overpowering Julia. But then I came closer, just behing the entrance to her court. At first she looked at me a few times, maybe she remembered me from Katowice :hearts:
But then :eek:
She started to make maaaany easy UE's and got furious. At first she was talking loudly to herself but then she got really mad and was shouting to (or maybe even at) Borna :eek: even though he was standing like 3-4 metres from her. I think she also shouted that she lost 1:6 but I'm not sure.
Basically she's taking things way to seriously, I was close to saying "calm down, Jelena!" to her :tape:
Maybe she was acting this way because of Damir's case...
And one more thing - both times, today and in Katowice, she was playing quite bad when it was really cold. In Katowice, before the weather went bad, she was playing very well so maybe she just sucks when it's cold outside.. It should be much warmer since Monday so I hope she'll be playing much better.
I made some pics but the quality is poor and I don't have time to upload them..

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Finally a nice looking draw. Playing a qualie first up can pose some slight problems but I doubt anything major. She has a really good shot vs Wozniak in the 2r as well so she can go far and get some easy points. If only she was smarter and played Fes, Estoril, skipped Bucharest and played Warsaw she would probably be top 50 by now.:(

·
Registered
16,700 Posts
Wozniak is a danger, people constantly downplay how well she can play. She took out Bartoli in straights, and she's capable of beating Jela.

That said, the quarter she is in is the one I would place her in if I could choose, so she'll have her chances in Warsaw. Go Jela!

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Yes Jelena is definitely in the easier quarter. I think she can make it to the semis for sure. It's all about Jelena's unforced errors most of the time at the end of the day.

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
I saw her today.
At first I was looking from the long distance as it's very hard to see what's going on on the court where Jelena was practicing. She seemed to be playing great. She was playing a practice match with Goerges and I think I saw her hitting like 3 or 4 winners in a row, easily overpowering Julia. But then I came closer, just behing the entrance to her court. At first she looked at me a few times, maybe she remembered me from Katowice :hearts:
She started to make maaaany easy UE's and got furious. At first she was talking loudly to herself but then she got really mad and was shouting to (or maybe even at) Borna :eek: even though he was standing like 3-4 metres from her. I think she also shouted that she lost 1:6 but I'm not sure.
Basically she's taking things way to seriously, I was close to saying "calm down, Jelena!" to her :tape:
And one more thing - both times, today and in Katowice, she was playing quite bad when it was really cold. In Katowice, before the weather went bad, she was playing very well so maybe she just sucks when it's cold outside.. It should be much warmer since Monday so I hope she'll be playing much better.
:scared:

·
Registered
47,995 Posts
I saw her today.
I agree.

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
52,159 Posts
I saw her today.
Thanks.

I'd rather she take it way too seriously then not care at all though. Take it a match at a time Jelena. :scared:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
now I'm nervous :scared:
she seems so impatient, I always thought if she could have such a distance to life like Clijsters she would do so much better. On the other hand Jelena suffered nightmares in life while Kim didn't have such troubles...

Freakan will you be able to go to Jelena's match on Tuesday?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
I don't know if I'll be able to see her match...

Some pretty good news from today:
At first she practiced with Wozniak. Both were playing pretty well, their rallies were quite long, Jelena didn't use all her power, she seemed to be concentrating more on placing the ball well than on hitting winners. They seemed pretty even, match between them would be vey close today.
Then she was playing with Zheng. And that was rather funny as this time it was Jelena who was hitting winners left and right and Jie was the one who got frustrated. Jelena was definitely the better player, she also hit a wonderful drop shot :)
I haven't been watching her for too long though so I don't know if she was playing so good during whole practice...

btw. It was quite warm today, so my theory seems to be right ;)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
thanks so much for your reports :)
hopefully the weather will be ok during her match ;) the beginning of May was so warm and sunny in whole Poland :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts