Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just watching jelena matches on youtube made me so sad, i really wish she could come back :(

·
Registered
264 Posts
I miss Jelena too :sad:

I doubt we'll ever see her on the Tour again, she's had too many half-hearted attempts at a comeback and I don't think the motivation is there anymore.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
word is she is retiring in September this year...it's the saddest story since Seles in my opinion, she had so much talent but she just lost it!

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
Me too...I really wish she comes back, but yeah, will be harder and harder :sad: :sad: I miss the great matches like against Hingis,Venus etc. :sad:

Leaving Pilic = Big Big mistake!:sad:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah it IS sad to see such talent go to waste...maybe she's just looking around for another nationality. I think she should go British what with all the new faces in the LTA...

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Alizé Molik;10829217 said:
word is she is retiring in September this year...it's the saddest story since Seles in my opinion, she had so much talent but she just lost it!
I think she's retired now. She lives in Zagreb but didn't enter this month's 75K in that city, and she hasn't entered the Zagreb 50K that starts next week, either. If she's not going to play in her hometown, I don't think she'll be playing anywhere. It's too bad. :sad:

·
Registered
12,956 Posts
Sad yes, but it's mostly all self-inflicted pain. Pilic had a deal with her, according to which he would bring her back to the top and she would give him a portion of her prize money (and she barely made ANY prize money this year :eek:) but no, she decided to go waste her time with Bikics :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
i doubt she will officially retire..maybe she will just take a break and decide to make a comeback one day if she stil has the desire............a bit like hingis......

its sad, but there is also mirjana lucic and yes even alex stevenson who should all be top 20 players but have had obstacles or issues :(...i hope theyre all back on the main tour someday

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sad yes, but it's mostly all self-inflicted pain. Pilic had a deal with her, according to which he would bring her back to the top and she would give him a portion of her prize money (and she barely made ANY prize money this year :eek:) but no, she decided to go waste her time with Bikics :rolleyes:
yes she should have stayed there :( i just watched the match when she won rome she was so happy:)

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Brie Whitehead is only ranked 29 places below Dokic this week!

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
i doubt she will officially retire..maybe she will just take a break and decide to make a comeback one day if she stil has the desire............a bit like hingis......

its sad, but there is also mirjana lucic and yes even alex stevenson who should all be top 20 players but have had obstacles or issues :(...i hope theyre all back on the main tour someday
Stevenson? Hard to believe...she plays a lot tournaments and has still a very low ranking :eek: :sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,023 Posts
I still hold my breath and hope everytime I see a thread about Jelena.

She's the whole reason I'm obsessed with tennis and it's just not the same without her.

·
Registered
47,995 Posts
I think she shouldnt retire, but shouldnt play this year, since she sucks ... and then to come next year at AO - but this time in good shape ... The only solution is to go to Australia, cant see other way :shrug:

:hug:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think she is unlucky in some ways. Did you see the match her between Dechy in us open 1.round. She served for the match at 5/4 but couldn't hold then in match point for Dechy ;she was hitting it perfectly until Dechy won the match with the ball went to Jelena's side after hit the net. (unlucky) After the match she trow her racket to the floor rightly. Again in Aussie 2006. We all know what happened. She is unlucky in some ways too. This really hurting. I don't know what she had done to live this experience. Lots of players are in top 50 are really not deserving their places. Jelena still better than them for me.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
nothing would make me happier then to see jelena making a successful comeback. she was so amazing and talented and her career has been plagued with injury, poor decisions and bad luck... i love jelena and id love to see her back, motivated and fully fit

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nothing would make me happier then to see jelena making a successful comeback. she was so amazing and talented and her career has been plagued with injury, poor decisions and bad luck... i love jelena and id love to see her back, motivated and fully fit
If jelena had just stayed in Australia she would have been ok............. i really don't think she will come back the best chance she had was AO 2006 :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts