Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all she's been thru off the court this year esp. the conflicts with her father Damir re: her boyfriend and the fact hes severed all ties with her has to have some impact on her results. She has had some solid wins like beating the likes of Shaughnessy, Molik, Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Loit, Myskina, Majoli, and Coetzer ever since her slump began post US OPEN last year...but for every good win she's havig a bad loss and cant string together two good matches these days.

Jelena's a CONFIDENCE player. Look at her end results at the end of 2001 and her results during the american hardcourts in 2002. Her best results come when she has lots of wins and plays lots of tennis. :)...BUT, Right now shes playing lots of matches but not winning any, and her tennis will not get any better until she rests then comes back mentally tougher to beginm her 2003 campaign.

It would be wise for jelena to cut down her schedule but that wont be happening :(

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I think the title should say "Jelena Dokic will be back in 2004." , that would be a little more realistic. :p

·
Registered
677 Posts
yes...i don't care if she coes back in 2003 'cos it is ending...
anyway the only probem is that jelena is not a sensible girl.if she was,she would have cut her schedule,to stop and think what she wanted and was better for her and training and training...but
worse she played,more she played.
i don't know how sensible is her coatch too.
he seems to be there just to earn money and to
make his brother happy.
and jelena's tennis???

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
jelena will be back this year, she doesn't know when to just stop and have a bit of a rest and analyze a few things, work out how to fix them, implement her solutions and comeback ready for the season next year.

i still hope jelena picks things up though, she's a talented player and has played a couple of years of quality tennis so good luck to her in whatever she does.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
What makes you think this???? She cant beat Dinara Safina or that other Jelena Jan(??) girl.
Jankovic. And she might not beat that other Jelena from the Balkans "Jelefty" (Kostanic) right now either. (Must be my left-leaning politics or something where I have all this info on lefties down "Pat")! :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
If you think about it, all these early losses means that Jelena hasn't really been playing much at all. She's just travelling to a lot of different cities, playing one match and then going home. I'd say she hasn't played enough. She hasn't done enough to win. That's the bigger issue, not the amount of tournaments in her schedule. To win matches, she needs motivation, a clear head and most of all, SUPPORT. Can anyone honestly say that she's been receiving or experiencing any of those things consistently in her life this year?

·
Registered
997 Posts
you can always edit your first post and change the title, meanwhile we are still going to laff at this :spit: :lol: :haha:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts